Sr. SQL Server DBA
With The ProSource Group in San Diego CA USMore jobs from The ProSource Group
Posted on March 16, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Database Administrator
sql, sql-server, tsql
Location: San Diego, CA
Position: Sr. SQL Server DBA
** Candidates for this position must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. **
One of our clients in San Diego is looking to bring on a Sr. SQL Server Database Administrator on a contract basis. This project is expected to be 9-10 months long. They are looking for the very best talent available. A brief description of the position is listed below.
Our client is going to be undertaking an enterprise wide SQL Server upgrade project. You will work with SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SSIS and SSRS. The candidate that is hired must be comfortable writing queries, managing SQL backups and restores as well as SQL maintenance. The DBA will be responsible for SQL server performance, configuration, backups, security, log management and upgrades to SQL Server.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience with as a SQL Server Systems Administrator
- Solid experience supporting Windows Server 2008 and later releases
- Candidates must possess previous experience upgrading SQL Databases in an enterprise environment
- Technical troubleshooting methodology and documentation
- Customer service in the context of supporting business users
- Experience with T-SQL coding of Stored Procedures, Triggers and Functions, Jobs and Scripts
- Experience with MS SQL and Windows Server clustering
- Experience with Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- A Microsoft Certified DBA Certification (MCDBA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate Certification (MCSA) are highly preferred
Candidates must be willing to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
For immediate consideration, please email a copy of your updated resume to Amy Moehlman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.