Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
With Ultimate Software in San Francisco CA USMore jobs from Ultimate Software
Posted on April 02, 2019
About this job
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Computer Software, Human Resources, Software Development
Company size: 1k-5k people
Company type: Public
linux, python, puppet, chef, go
Ultimate Software is seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) with a robust and diverse background in Software Engineering, Software Design and Systems Architecture with a focus on automation, reliability, and system integration. Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. An SRE ensures that Ultimate Software's services—both our internal and external systems—are reliable with uptime appropriate to users' needs while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance.
At Ultimate Software our Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) come from both development and operations backgrounds with a common passion for running products at scale in production. Our SRE engineers are always seeking to understand how our systems work end to end without boundaries.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from conception to inception, including: system design, build, and deployment
- Define and implement standards and best practices related to: System Architecture, Deployment, metrics, operational tasks
- Support services through activities such as monitoring availability, system health, and incident response
- Improve system performance, application delivery and efficiency through automation, process refinement, post mortem reviews, and in-depth configuration analysis
- Engage in Communications across all areas of the organization
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience with highly resilient systems as well as anti-fragility design patterns
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with service-oriented architectures
- Experience in one or more of the following: Python, Go, Perl, C, C++, Java or Ruby
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) and networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform Products
- Ability to multitask and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability and willingness to work evenings / nights on occasion (Participate in on-call rotation)
- Experience with Configuration Management (Puppet/Chef/Ansible)
- Experience with Linux command-line shell and shell scripting
- BS degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field involving coding (e.g. physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience preferred.
Typical Interview Process:
- If your application is selected, a Talent Acquisition Manager will reach out to schedule a phone screen with them.
- If selected to move forward, you will complete a HackerRank Coding Assessment.
- If you pass, you will either move forward to a technical phone call for an additional screening, OR directly to an onsite interview.
- Offer stage.