DevOps Cloud Engineer (Product Operations Engineer)
With eVision Industry Software in The Hague - NLMore jobs from eVision Industry Software
Posted on April 11, 2019
About this job
Compensation: €60k - 70k
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Enterprise Software
Company size: 51-200 people
Company type: Private
devops, cloud, terraform, powershell, kubernetes, sysadmin
We work with a mixed mode of the hottest technologies, such as C#7, NodeJS, ReactJS, ES6 and Flux. Knowing the technology landscape changes every day, we evaluate new technologies for our engineering products on a daily basis, adopting the ones that matter the most. As our software products are globally distributed to companies in the hazardous industries, we use high-quality standards and need to deliver thoroughly tested software.
As part of our product operations effort, our product teams develop and support a well-automated continuous deployment pipeline. It is a challenging and exciting project, ensuring that we gain the maximum value from any mode of automated deployment. Product operations works closely together with our infrastructure engineering team, to maximise quality, speed and efficiency.
The Product Operations Engineer (POE) will be part of a product development team, ensuring smooth and fully automated deployment (propagation of code) of the product on our infrastructure. Quality is part of our DNA. Therefore, the POE is responsible for ensuring the quality of the deployment, deployment scripts, deployment tools and more.
Your team is the product team. Each product team at eVision is self-sufficient and self-steering, consisting of all the functions and roles required to achieve its objectives. These roles include: software engineers, QA engineers, product operations engineer(s), product manager(s), subject matter experts and more.
As part of your day-to-day work, you will be designing, developing and executing automated testing and deployment scripts that are robust, flexible, scalable and secure, while supporting the strategic initiatives of our company.
The POE has to maintain good knowledge in web application architecture, cloud-based architecture and automated testing and deployment frameworks. Along with good technical skills, the POE should have a strong desire to learn and understand our business domain, engineering concepts, principles and strategy.
Furthermore, you have:
- Deep understanding of reliable, repeatable and widely available systems using operational best practices, including Immutable Infrastructure, Infrastructure as Code and distributed cross-region systems
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration and deployment
- Knowledge of deployment scripting and automation concepts
- Good grasp of both technical and functional characteristics of software products, particularly in terms of scalability, performance, usability and quality
- Knowledge of AWS, Windows & Linux, Virtualization, Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Any basic knowledge of Terraform, Packer, Vagrant, TeamCity and/or Jenkins
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database
- Knowledge of networking and Application Security
- Experience with monitoring & Alerting (ELK/Cloud Watch/Sumo Logic)
- The ability to demonstrate experience in delivering products in an Agile environment
- Good knowledge of (PowerShell, Bash, Python) for scripting is a plus