Windows System Administrator
With Hays in Atlanta GA USMore jobs from Hays
Posted on April 10, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
windows, sysadmin, security
***YOU NEED TO LIVE IN ATLANTA***
Job Type: 9 month CTH
Pay Rate: $44/hr-$46/hr
Bachelor Degree: Preferred
3 different Shifts offered
Scope of Work:
Address and remedidate the multitude of tickets that are submitted to our Core Infrastructure team. This resource will work outside of US business hours to help perform ticket driven tasks during the newly enforced (but not staffed)
Project/ Team Size: Core Windows Support team is made up of 6 resources working 24/7 and addressing oncall support.
This position requires Solid/Intermediate knowledge of system management tools.
WINDOWS OPERATING EXPERIENCE IS A MUST.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Technologies within Active Directory environments.
• Broad understanding of infrastructure technologies (Operating Systems, mobility, security, network, storage etc.) with thorough understanding of scalable, highly available, secure Satellite infrastructures.
• Technical background in operating systems, system administration and/or technical architecture.
• Familiar with change management processes.
• Excellent problem solving, decision-making and continuous improvement skills and mindset.
• Flexible work hours for second and third shift depending on the need and/or schedule.
'• Intermediate knowledge of management tools--Windows SCCM perfered
• Intermediate knowledge of scripting preferred
• Leads and executes operational activities, troubleshooting, enhancements, test readiness development, patching, and maintenance plans to ensure proper operation of the business system/services are optimized.
• Prior experience troubleshooting Windows 2003/2008/2012/2016 Server environments
• Prior experience troubleshooting HP/Dell/UCS hardware
'• Works second or third shift to implement approved change controls.
• Participate in an oncall rotation
• Ensures security updates are applied to servers according to patching policy and provide reports to management with most-recent updates.
• Maintains documentation and diagrams for both daily operations and Disaster Recovery.
• Implements technical improvements/projects that increase the quality and availability of the business systems/services and ensures proper operation.
• Conducts the analysis and communication of support and/or project requirements, updates, metrics, and general information.
• Analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems, and develops and implements strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
• Conducts incident resolution and problem management by investigating Root Cause Analysis (RCA), capturing action items, and conducting remediation plans.
• Proactively monitor applications and systems in order to capture, triage, and escalate Incidents.
• Provides technical support as needed for Windows Active Directory and Operating Systems including registry, file and folder security, local/domain user security, Group Policy Objects, and network access related issues.
• Develops recommendation for business partners to remediate vulnerabilities, institute compensating controls, or to request risk acceptance decisions.
• Drives automation into our operational environment through scripting, data analysis, and tool development.
• Advises line-of-business clients on information security requirements, compliance responsibilities, and methods to protect bank resources and sensitive information.
• Participates in team projects or manage individual projects implementing processes and procedures to execute them efficiently and effectively.