Data Center Technician
With Cogeco Peer 1 in Miami FL USMore jobs from Cogeco Peer 1
Posted on April 11, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sysadmin, linux, windows
** GENERAL SUMMARY**
You will be part of a specialized Data Center Operations team covering a 24/7/365 shift pattern. Our Data Center Operations Technicians and Administrators are at the heart of our North American and European operations and are responsible for building, configuring, deploying and supporting servers on behalf of our customers.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
- Keep the data center secure, organized, clean, and efficient.
- Monitor servers for hardware and software alerts to ensure a high level of data integrity and
- Work on internal and customer facing support tickets and interact directly with customers
- Work with other departments to ensure that Operations service levels are being met and exceeded.
- Maintain accurate inventory of data center assets.
- Provide feedback to management and Engineering to help streamline internal documentation and procedures.
- Provide remote hands for customers within local or remote data center(s).
- Enforce company security policies and other compliance requirements.
- Physical installation and removal of servers and network equipment
- Perform upgrades to existing systems, such as servers, storage arrays, and equipment racks.
- Assure the secure destruction of data as per policy on decommissioned systems.
- Understanding of RAID technology, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Basic understanding of Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Troubleshoot problems with initial Operating System installation and connectivity.
- Ability to utilize data recovery tools and applications for Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Basic configuration and installation of network hardware including switches, firewalls, and routers.
- Basic understanding of firewall technologies and principles.
- Network troubleshooting including switch port and firewall analysis.
- Network monitoring using INMON traffic flow analysis, and MRTG graphs.
- Working knowledge of standard TCP and UDP services including TCP/IP protocols such as telnet, ssh, ftp, smtp.
- Immaculate Ethernet/Fibre cabling and labeling for new and existing clients.
- Solid understanding on how to terminate Cat5, Cat5E, Cat6 Ethernet cables.
- General knowledge of fire detection and suppression systems.
- General knowledge in HVAC, UPS, and generator operation.
- General understanding of electrical concepts.
- Monitor and troubleshoot data center infrastructure issues (HVAC, UPS, Generator, etc…)
- Ability to lift loads of at least 50 lbs.
Desired Skills And Abilities
- Excellent organization and follow-up skills.
- Excellent and effective customer service, communication and interaction skills.
- Properly articulate ideas, suggestions, and provide positive and constructive
- Manage multiple activities and projects.
- Work independently, without direct supervision.
- Anticipate, identify, diagnose, and solve critical problems.
- Work effectively with all departments to achieve common goals.
- Build relationships with our customers in order to understand and support their business needs.
- Sense of fun and play and enjoy a fast-paced dynamic environment.
A + certification (preferred) or equivalent work experience