Junior Ruby on Rails Developer
With iubenda in Bologna - ITMore jobs from iubenda
Posted on April 12, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
rails, startup, ror, ruby
Bologna and Milan, Italy or remote - preferably not exceeding 3 hours from the Central European Time (CET).
Both our offices are incredibly nice places to work from, both located in the center of their respective cities.
- No dress code – Casual working environment;
- Possible flexible working hours;
- Remote work policy;
- English classes (In Bologna's office only);
- Winter/Summer retreats;
- Workshops & Training events;
- Equipment allowance;
- Learning allowance.
About our company
iubenda is an online service that makes it easy for website owners, app developers, agencies and organizations in general, to comply with international privacy laws. We currently serve over 60,000 paying customers in 100+ different countries, in 8 languages. The company is very healthy and is able to finance its continuously growth independently. You can check out our website at www.iubenda.com.
Our vision is that the legal market is one of the few that are yet to be disrupted by technology - our aim, therefore, is to be the leading providers of software facilitated compliance solutions. We started from offering privacy/e-commerce compliance to SMB and so far we’ve been dominating this small niche.
Our headquarters are in Italy (in Bologna and in Milan) but our team spans multiple countries as some team members work remotely.
We are looking for candidates who are willing to embrace the challenge of a small company, take accountability for the tasks and own the issues and projects, with a team collaborative attitude.
Skills & requirements
- 2+ years of relevant programming experience;
- Basics Object Oriented development skills;
- Basics understanding of relational databases;
- Experience with GitHub and a solid understanding of Git core concepts;
- Ability to self-train and problem solve.
- Experience in Unit testing and Acceptance testing;
- System administration skills on Linux platforms (Debian/Ubuntu);
- Side projects you’d be willing to submit via GitHub link;
- Good English knowledge.
What we offer
- Competitive salary along with the possibility of a tax incentive in Italy, applied for: citizens of an EU Country or a non-EU Country, with which Italy has either a double tax treaty, under the condition of having worked and/or studied abroad for at least two years.
- Working in a continuously growing environment.