Senior Azure Cloud Architect
With Datavail in Atlanta GA USMore jobs from Datavail
Posted on April 12, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
azure, sysadmin, cloud
Location: Anywhere USA near major airport (Remote with Travel)
Title: Senior Cloud Architect - Azure
We are currently seeking motivated individuals to join our Managed Services team servicing our growing cloud and hybrid cloud client environments.
As a member of our Team, your primary role will be to provide Technical Support and Consulting Services for our customers. You will be working primarily within a team environment, but you may at times also be required to work autonomously on complex and diverse issues. The team environment may constitute your team members, other practice areas within the organization, client’s support teams and 3rd party vendor teams.
This technical consultant role will require the selected person to work in partnership with clients and advising them on how to use information technology in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems. They would also work to improve the structure and efficiency of IT systems in various organizations.
There will be many opportunities to perform services or participate in activities remotely or outside of the local office environment, therefor high speed reliable Internet connectivity and the ability to travel is deemed a requirement for this position.
This role requires responsibilities such as:
- Working with clients to determine requirements and to define the scope of a project,
- Clarifying a client's system specifications,
- Defining software, hardware and other requirements,
- Analyzing IT requirements within companies and giving independent and advice on the use of IT,
- Developing agreed solutions.
- Managing and supporting deployed solutions.
The preferred person for this role would require working knowledge of and skills in the following technical areas:
- Azure IaaS/PaaS/SaaS
- SharePoint Architecture, Development and Administration
- Azure networking (Virtual networks, Subnets, VPNs, Network Security Groups)
- High availability, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Availability Sets, Scale Sets
- Cloud identity, Azure AD Connect
- AWS SysOps, DevOps, Architecture, Networking, and Security
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- AD / DNS / GPO / DFS
- Exchange 2010/2013/2016 and Office 365
- Failover Cluster, DAG and AOAG
- Remote Desktop Services
- Citrix, VDI
- SQL Server
- VMWare / Hyper-V
- Windows 2008/2012/2016
- Linux – RHEL, OEL, Ubuntu, CentOS
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Maintains, monitors, and supports the infrastructure environment and/or facilities.
- Technical Leadership for enterprise base work initiatives and projects.
- Develops enhanced production monitoring and additional capability.
- Defines improvements increased system reliability and performance.
- Supports multiple systems or applications of medium to highly complex (complexity defined by size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility.
- Acts as the technical liaison between customers, operations teams, engineers and architects, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, including validation of ongoing solutions supportability.
- Participates in short-term and long-term planning efforts with stakeholders and IT groups.
- Develops cost / time estimates.
- Documents discussion and agreements.
- Works with project manager to coordinate and plan project tasks and resources.
- Works with project teams to understand business needs.
- Works with engineers to understand technical requirements.
- Participates in business requirements meetings as needed.
- Communicates events to stakeholders, IT teams, and leadership.
- Supports and participates in the formal reporting of project status
- May communicate, consult and coordinate across multiple groups.
Design and Development
- Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms based on engineering requirements.
- Develops new alerts and monitoring techniques based on engineering requirements.
- Develops scripted solutions and automation.
- Coordinates development activities with other groups.
- Coordinates changes across multiple systems.
- Leads or provides technical direction for the planning, designing, and execution of testing efforts.
- Validates test results.
- Ensures that tests evaluate all possible impacts on the current infrastructure or application.
Maintenance and Support
- Performs routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure systems such as backups, patch management and hot fixes.
- Develops plans to manage the frequency of appropriate support package / patch application.
- Works with engineers on the requirements and provides recommendations for improvements.
- Reviews and certifies support documents.
- Forecasts utilization patterns and identifies modifications or upgrades.
- Performs capacity workload modeling and availability analysis for a variety of platforms and environments.
- Recommends changes / enhancements for improved systems availability, reliability, and performance.
- Determines the required course of action to improve performance and escalates when appropriate.
- Reviews performance and control reports.
- Recommends settings changes to the operating system to improve performance and reliability.
- Develops, maintains, recommends, documents, and supports tools and back-end utilities to provide capacity planning management.
- Monitors database performance and recommends changes.
- Tracks and monitors improvements to validate improvement results.
- Participates in the creation and maintenance of metrics around the system and institutes a process for continuous improvement.
- Performs reviews periodically with users and vendors.
- Defines and ensures continuous monitoring procedures are set according to the standard procedures and requirements.
- Creates a plan to evolve the system to reduce cost and improve system dynamics.
- Recommends and develops solutions for improvement of help desk procedures. Identifies ways tasks can be automated.
- Provides Tier 3 production support.
- Coordinates problem resolution among a variety of functional areas and provides subject matter expertise support for diagnosing and resolving problems.
- Recommends, and may implement software or hardware changes to rectify problems or address improvement opportunities.
- Evaluates future technologies and makes recommendations for software and hardware upgrades.
- Monitors production, outputs, and services to ensure that SLAs, and other quality metrics, are being met.
- Assists in developing SLAs.
- Lead in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and define ongoing process to address findings.
Security, Policies and Procedures
- Reports security issues when appropriate and gathers required information.
- Makes recommendations to improve security and participates in investigations as needed.
- Ensures adherence to security requirements
- Participates in the design, implementation, and execution of backup and disaster recovery plan for infrastructure solutions.
- Ensures compliance with policies, procedures and standards.
- Contributes to policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ensures documentation is developed and maintained.
- Assists in developing documentation for new infrastructure solutions.
- Provides technical guidance, coaching / mentoring to team members.
- Provides input to performance management of team members.
This is a Fulltime direct position with Datavail.
No Third Party submissions please