Senior Database Developer
With IBM in Austin TX USMore jobs from IBM
Posted on April 12, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sysadmin, database, mysql
We are seeking a database engineer to work in a ground-breaking product that aims to be the best cognitive analytics product which gives tangible insights to the client. The ideal candidate is one who has demonstrated work experience with large database systems and has a solid experience of scaling and tuning performance in the database. The product is currently deployed to some of the best companies in the world. If you are a Database Engineer interested in developing scalable and performance-oriented solutions, we would like to talk to you.
Design, Develop, test, and maintain robust, resilient, scalable, high-quality software for the product platform. Evaluate Database systems and develop migration plans. Evaluate for performance and proactively review the performance of the database. Work closely with a distributed team, product managers, testers, and architects to execute on the requirements. Verify your needs with complete test coverage. Estimate work efforts so that they can be prioritized to create a realistic delivery schedule. Strive and maintain a defect-free code.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 10+ years development experience. ?
• Majority of the experience in one of Mariadb, Mysql and PostGreSQL.
• In-depth Experience with design and modelling with relational databases.
• Evaluate schema for performance and scale database according to the performance requirements of the product.
• Review performance of the system periodically and pro-actively review queries and performance and ensure the latency requirements are maintained.
• Solid understanding of database internals of PostGresSQL or Mariadb.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise :
• Experience with migrating databases from one platform to another a big plus.
• In-depth expertise in Docker and Kubernetes a big plus. The candidate should have the ability to develop and automate solution in a Kubernetes environment is a must have.
• Design, Develop, Optimize and Scale at every stage of the architecture.
• BS in Computer Science
• Must have 10+ years in Development and a majority in Database related work