Senior Systems Engineer - Linux, Troubleshooting
With Client of Kismet Search in San Diego CA USMore jobs from Client of Kismet Search
Posted on April 11, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Funded and revenue generating Startup Company is looking to hire a key Senior Systems Engineer who will work with their customers during the planning, delivery and support of their complex security-related product suite. They are expanding their Systems Engineering team due to fast growth and customer demand.
Their advanced systems are based on computer vision and machine learning to provide the unrivaled authentication technologies in the world. You will work with systems comprised of both software and hardware that process very high-volume computational and graphical data for real-time analysis.
This is a high-visibility role, as the Senior Systems Support Engineer will be representing the company and work closely with customers.
If you think you would love a career where you will work with international customers in a highly impactful role and also have an opportunity to travel to interesting places - this is an ideal role for you!
- Be involved from the planning stages through the software and electronics installations, training, and post-implementation support.
- Act as the main conduit to communicate information with internal teams.
- Utilize a broad and deep range of technical expertise related to software infrastructure, including systems engineering, troubleshooting, scripting using Python, C++, and testing.
- Apply your solid Linux systems and scripting experience, troubleshooting, and testing, and broad technical background in.
- Thoroughly understand Company’s products, systems, and technologies to be able to install software and electronics components as well as execute software system configuration for customers.
- Resolve system administration issues at customer sites as well as remotely.
- Troubleshooting, testing, and resolution of customers’ system issues.
- Work with engineer, support, and operations teams to communicate and improve products and systems.
To Apply : Email a resume for review to Kanani Breckenridge: email@example.com This role requires US Citizenship.
- Must have 5+ years of current and professional experience in some combination of software engineering of embedded systems, systems engineering, test and integration, and/or administration
- Must have current and solid experience using Linux as a systems engineer, tester, or system administrator.
- Experience with Python or similar scripting / coding.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and (ideally) experience interfacing with customers, internally and/or externally.
- Ability to translate complex technical details into layman’s terms.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science or related. Graduate degrees in technical areas and/or MBA preferred.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to qualify for Secret Clearance to work with customers such as government entities and defense contractors.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally 25-50%
- PREFERRED SKILLS: Ability to troubleshoot electronics and complex systems.
COMPENSATION RANGE: $100,000 – 130,000 base salary
- Performance bonus (average around 10%)
- Stock options
- Comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, Life Insurance coverage plans