With KORE1 in Houston TX USMore jobs from KORE1
Posted on April 12, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sysadmin, linux, osx
Full Time Employment
- Responsible for configuration and maintenance of the enterprise server environment. This includes implementation configuration, coordination, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, usage monitoring, and the development of specialized procedures relating to the use of the server and software environment within the enterprise
- Responsible for Data Center/Server Room operations; System provisioning, network configuration, administration of Linux and Windows.
- Configuration of Network attached storage for Virtualization backend and backups, SAN, iSCSI, NFS
- Responsible for backups and disaster recovery of all corporate infrastructure
- Design, develop, and support server and network deployments for technical programs; ensure system availability; OS builds/upgrades; system patching; apply OS configuration to new systems; troubleshoot host/server failures and related issues; perform routine data backups; documenting maintenance actions taken; infrastructure diagrams; document and prepare security mitigations
- Ability to spec system requirements, estimate cost, and provide quotes to meet project needs
- OS configuration with Active Directory, for policy enforcement though GPO, and user and group management
- Evaluate and propose use of open source and commercial software, frameworks, and tools where applicable
- Interact with other system administrators, network engineers, service providers to meet program goals.
- Primary point of contact for escalation (Tier III) from the Help Desk and/or Desktop Support Analyst for major enterprise systems – Windows/Linux, AD, ADFS, SSO, VMWare, Cloud Platforms, Office 365, storage and backup
- Provides primary or secondary support responsibilities for servers and all corporate applications
- Plan and recommend system or application modifications as necessary to improve performance or security
- MS or BS and 6+ years experience administering enterprise-level infrastructure or applicable experience
- Experience with provisioning automation with either AWS Cloudformation or Azure Resource Manager Templates.
- Proficient in Powershell, DSC, Puppet, Chef, or similar configuration management tools
Familiar with Networking Protocols (HTTP(s), TCP/IP, TLS, SSH, DHCP, etc.)