Associate Oracle DBA
With Delta Dental of Minnesota in Minneapolis MN USMore jobs from Delta Dental of Minnesota
Posted on April 13, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
oracle, unix, sysadmin
The Associate Oracle DBA manages and maintains multifunctional Oracle databases, in particular the Oracle E-Business Suite. Administers production, development, and test databases and is primarily responsible for performing many related database functions. Facilitate resolution for all production issues in the Oracle databases.
- Possess knowledge in Oracle Application architecture, Data Warehousing and related components including database, application server, ORDS and APEX.
- Install and maintain production, development and quality assurance hardware environments associated with Oracle E-Business Suite and design as well as support and administer Oracle E-Business Suite application, databases and workflow.
- Experience with SQL tuning, backup and recovery support, installation and configuration of Oracle software, apply patches, UNIX shell scripting, capacity planning, complex security architectures and have basic UNIX administration skills
- Proactively monitor and support the health, performance, and integrity of the Oracle based systems. Support the change management process. Leverage Oracle support to resolve issues and bugs
- Ensure 24x7 availability and performance of mission critical systems. Performance preventive maintenance functions on the database and application as appropriate
- Experience with BI Analytics application is a plus
- Performs other duties as directed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Unix, Oracle Jobs, and automation
- Knowledge of Data Management practices
- Ability to perform both Oracle and operating system performance tuning and monitoring
- Knowledge of all Oracle backup and recovery scenarios including RMAN and OEM.
- Knowledge of Oracle security management
- Knowledge of database tuning and system performance tuning
- Sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors and systems administrators
- Knowledge of ETL tool. (Pentaho is a plus)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 2-4 years of Production Oracle DBA experience
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Travel Requirements : Up to 10%
- Weight Lifting Requirements : 20lbs
- Reports To : Vice President, Information Technology & Data Management
- Directly Manages : None
- Internal Relationships : Technology Services staff, users, management, development, senior staff
- External Relationships : Vendors