Data Analytics Engineer
With JP Morgan Chase in Columbus OH USMore jobs from JP Morgan Chase
Posted on April 12, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
java, python, sql
Working as an Architect, your passion for technology and thirst for innovation will help shape the future of global digital commerce, now and for years to come. Every day, you’ll bring critical day-to-day leadership and thinking to the table, aligning cross-functional projects, ensuring that they’re within reason, fiscally and technically. You’ll collaborate with internal teams and business leaders alike, creating strategically sound Target State Architectures. At the end of the day, your work will have tremendous and positive impact, whether it’s in-house, in collaboration with technologists across JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global technology community or in partnership with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
We are looking for a Data Analytics Engineer to join our growing team of data analytics experts and manage the processes responsible for accurate data collection, processing, modelling and analysis. You will design and build telemetry frameworks requiring a diverse skill set across Software Engineering, Systems Architecture, Data Frameworks and UX Development.
The ideal candidate has a knack for seeing solutions in sprawling data sets and the business mind-set to convert insights into strategic opportunities for Cybersecurity and Technology Controls Products. The candidate will work closely with leaders across products, and technology teams to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions. They will ensure data accuracy and consistent reporting by designing and creating optimal processes. They will use advanced data modelling, predictive modelling and analytical techniques to interpret key findings from company data and leverage these insights into initiatives that will support business outcomes. The right person for the job will apply their exhaustive knowledge of data analysis to solving real-world problems faced by the organization and finding opportunities for improvement across multiple projects, teams and business units.
- Strong knowledge of SLO (Service Level Objects), SLI (Server Level Indicators), and SLA (Service Level Agreements) and how to derive key indicators for technology products
- Strong Technical acumen to work with Product, Service, Customers, and Development managers and capture requirements for developing measurable objectives
- Build, develop, and maintain - data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions.
- Ability to design visualization best practices that address needs of representing key metrics to a diverse population consumers
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as modelling, visualization and communication deliverables.
- Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in leadership, technology, and product teams.
- Oversee the data/report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
- Additional benefits of understanding required key indicators for practices such as DevOps, Agile, SRE (Site Reliability Engineer)
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
Fluency in architecture and design across all systems
Knowledge in at least one area of technical architecture
Strategic thinking and passion for business strategy and business processes
Experience in risk and risk control compliance
Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- We’re looking for someone with at least 5 years of experience in a position monitoring, managing, manipulating and drawing insights from data. The right candidate will also be proficient and experienced with the following tools/programs:
- Strong programming skills with querying languages: SQL, SAS, etc.
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and sub queries
- Strong skills with products such as Qlikview, Edge, and other visualization product
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modelling techniques: GLM multiple regression, logistic regression, log-linear regression, variable selection, etc
- Experience writing advanced SAS code statements, models, and macros
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions
- Experience with messaging and data transport tools: Kafka, NiFi, LogStash, Syslog-ng, rsyslog, etc.
- Experience with Python, Perl, R, Powerbuilder, Bash / Shell, C, C++, JAVA, or other programming / scripting languages
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.