Desktop Support Lead
With HCL America Inc in Houston TX USMore jobs from HCL America Inc
Posted on April 12, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Desktop Developer, System Administrator
We have a new Fulltime/Permanent job opening for Desktop Support Lead at Houston, TX.
Should you be interested in pursuing this opportunity, then please write to email@example.com alongwith a copy of your resume.
Provides expert advice and highly complex troubleshooting support for account(s) or assigned area for issues with limited or without established processes and procedures; ensures resolution or independently determines and implements plan for resolution. May act in a lead capacity in assigned areas to meet client needs or issues; acts as a member of the information management team at client sites. Designs, recommends and implements strategies for meeting client needs. Provides work direction and mentoring for less experienced personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Windows 7 and 10 Operating System advanced troubleshooting
- Lead support required in areas of Desktop Support, Laptop Services centers, PC refresh, Printer Support, Network and Server Hands and Feet.
- Lead/Management experience.
- Maintains constant communication with Desktop support technicians to ensure that tickets are accepted, worked on and resolved within SL.
- Manages Desktop Support Personnel; include hiring, personnel actions, and performance management
- Provide end-user software troubleshooting and support; daily maintenance and incident/problem resolution for escalation of desktop support related issues
- Supports desktop maintenance, including inventory and software distribution, and security maintenance, including virus updates and patch management
- Develops end-user documentation and instructions
- Document all user requests and actions taken in ServiceNow ticketing system.
- Ensure all tickets worked include the problem, the solution, the end user, initiation and completion time, and end user satisfaction
- Re-images desktops and laptops, as needed, and deploys new equipment to end users.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Tracks and updates the movement of all IT assets (laptops, desktops, etc.) within the stipulated tracking system(s) and within time constraints
- Retrieves equipment from departures to be re-imaged, reassigned, and updated in inventory
- Performs advanced diagnostics, analysis, repairs, or replacement hardware for PC’s, laptops, and peripherals including AV
- Follows set policies and procedures when assisting clients to ensure proper handling of requests
- Supports continuous improvement in the process and quality of the operations
- Provide support for escalated issues from help desk analysts
Skills and Abilities
- Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients, and colleagues and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Enterprise-level, large environment experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to articulate technical terms to business / non-tech savvy users.
- always Maintains a professional attitude and appearance providing excellent customer service, to include maintaining a good work ethic and assisting other analysts when needed
- Provides leadership and mentors team members to transfer skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines as need
Education / Expertise
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degree preferred, or a combination of education, training, and work experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience in increasingly complex roles supporting end users and leading a team at the site level.