Hosting Infrastructure Services Engineer
With CPA Global in Minneapolis MN USMore jobs from CPA Global
Posted on April 13, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sysadmin, sql-server, windows
The Hosting Engineer’s role is to is accountable for the design, install, administration and optimisation of the CPA Global servers and storage components to achieve high performance of the various business applications hosted on the IT infrastructure. This individual supports the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure efficiency and maintenance is consistent with company goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements
- Assist and collaborate with other IT teams to ensure availability, reliability and scalability of corporate systems to meet business demands.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, respond to and resolve issues with server and storage infrastructure.
- Monitor, analyse and predict trends for system performance, capacity, efficiency and reliability and recommend enhancements to the IS Management team.
- Benchmark performance and provide performance statistics and reports.
- Perform tasks necessary to fulfil service level agreements regarding server capacity, security and availability.
- Practice configuration management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Follow change control processes for modifications to server and storage systems and associated components.
- Actively manage and administer the global platform infrastructure, carry out regular maintenance and health checks and provide a future upgrade path.
- Lead the planning and implementation of system upgrades, maintenance fixes and vendor-supplied patches.
- Develop, document and maintain operational processes and tasks.
- Define hardware and software standards in conjunction with service owners and stakeholders.
- Manage Help Desk queues; prioritise and respond to help desk tickets within SLA.
- Assist where needed in the coordination with Vendors, Suppliers and Development teams to resolve issues and restore failed IT Services as quickly as possible.
- Participate in the on-call Out of Hours Support process.
- Verify data protection and DR capabilities through regular service restore tests.
- Platform OS and Service Patch management.
Strategy & Planning
- Participate in key process improvements as they relate to the server and storage environment.
- Assist in the design and implement policies, procedures and technologies to ensure system performance, availability and security meet future known requirements.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols and standards in support of all infrastructure projects, procurement and development efforts.
- Provide technical resource for projects and be involved in technical planning activities
- Participate in the Technical Architecture Group discussions to analyse, discuss and agree all IS technical roadmaps, policies and plans.
- Install and configure servers and corresponding software.
- Work jointly with the Information Security Advisory Group in the planning and deployment of all infrastructure security measures within Server & Storage Team
Key Skills & Experience
- At least five years’ equivalent work experience in a senior technical position responsible for managing server/storage infrastructure and operations.
- Excellent understanding of server architecture design techniques, theories, principles and practices.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows server OS (2003+) and VMware vSphere ESXi 5.5/6.0
- Advanced knowledge and experience with SAN and technology, with NetApp FAS Series and Cisco fabric being an advantage.
- Solarwinds Monitoring
- Advanced knowledge of installing, configuring and maintaining HP Proliant series servers and blade systems including HP Management software SIM and SUM.
- Experience of working with and managing third-party suppliers.
- VMWare VCP 6.0 Certification
- Microsoft MCSE/MCITP Certification
- NetApp NCSA Certification
- Experience with IBM System i/x series
- CommVault Sympana Products
- Hyper-V/Windows Server 2012
- Exposure/experience with Amazon AWS/Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Linux Exposure