Senior DevOps Engineer
With Packsize LLC in Salt Lake City UT USMore jobs from Packsize LLC
Posted on April 13, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
sysadmin, .net, devops
The Senior DevOps Engineer will deploy and oversee mission-critical production environments for Packsize. This role requires tight collaboration with our R&D and Operations teams. You love code and the tech on which it runs. You are adept at identifying performance issues and tenacious in resolving them. You are experienced with the best tools to deploy software in a reliable manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deployment of system and software updates with emphasis on minimizing downtime.
- In-depth understanding of application functionality, workflow, and infrastructure.
- Ownership of supported systems, including configurations, monitoring and documentation.
- Work closely with Software Development team on requirements, issues and resolution, and planning related to production issues and software releases.
- Engage team members in designing disaster recovery and failover plans.
- Identify potential performance and security issues.
- Design and deploy technology infrastructure that is resistant to failure.
- Provide feedback to product development teams on policy compliance, standards, and best practices.
- Establish and monitor performance benchmarks.
- Develop standards for scripted automation solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 2+ years experience required, 4+ years preferred
- Experience with web application administration – IIS, MongoDB, Apache
- .NET application experience on Windows Server (.NET core a plus)
- Enterprise Virtualization experience (VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, etc.)
- Experience performing complex scripting tasks using Powershell, Bash
- Proficient with configuration and deployment tools such as Salt, Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience with automation tools such as Jenkins or similar
- Strong familiarity with source control tools - GIT, SVN, etc.
- Refined understanding of software development concepts
- Solid understanding of software and system security
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Organization & Planning
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Typical office working conditions
- Travel outside of the office is minimal, but will happen on occasion
Salary and Benefits:
Packsize offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term/Long Term Disability, Life, 401(k) matching, and a bonus program [delete the mention of bonus if not applicable]. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Packsize is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, Packsize policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities.