SharePoint System Administrator
With Hennepin County in Minneapolis MN USMore jobs from Hennepin County
Posted on April 13, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sysadmin, agile, cloud
We are seeking a SharePoint System Administrator with expertise in Microsoft 365 Administration to join our Agile delivery team. You will work collaboratively with customers, team members, developers, architects, and partners from across the IT community to configure, implement, administer, and support services/functionality that leverages SharePoint, Microsoft 365 and other cloud technologies to deliver business value.
Location and hours:
This position is located at the Hennepin County Government Center, 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55487. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
In this position, you will:
- Work as part of a cross functional team to identify, configure, implement and manage SharePoint/Office 365 and other cloud capabilities needed to mature and maximize the use of the product throughout the county.
- Monitor and respond promptly to incidents and service requests as part of queue management (Service Management and Incident Management) and partner with other systems support areas and line of business technical staff to coordinate system changes (Change Management), and expedite technical problem resolution (Incident/Problem Management).
- Research, evaluate and recommend new technologies and capabilities to maximize customer value.
- Monitor and optimize systems and processes to increase efficiencies and service delivery.
- Provide on-call responsibilities for critical/down system scenarios on a rotating basis.
Need to have:
One of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, management information systems (MIS) or closely related field and one year or more of experience at a technical IT level position.
- Associate's degree or vocational/technical school certificate in computer programming and three years or more of experience at a technical IT level position.
- Five years or more of experience at a technical IT level position. Nice to have:
Two or more years of experience working with:
- SharePoint 2013/2016 Server Administration.
- Microsoft 365 Administration including SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Delve, Dynamics, Power Apps and MS Flow.
One year or more of experience:
- Writing complex PowerShell scripts for maintenance, management, and automaton.
- Active Directory/Azure Active Directory, Office 365 groups.
- SQL Server, Project Server and Office Online Server.
- Agile principles, methodologies and practices (DevOps, Kanban, Scrum).
About the department:
Technology is the foundation of our work – and the work of every county employee. The Information Technology department is here to help our employees work smarter, faster and better. They are made up of 6 divisions: business solutions, enterprise architecture, enterprise development, finance and support services, operations, and special projects.
Candidates must have a right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by an employer.
Applications will be forwarded to the hiring supervisor on a regular basis. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. The position will remain open until filled. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.