Systems Administrator - Duluth, MN
With Compudyne, Inc in Duluth MN USMore jobs from Compudyne, Inc
Posted on April 13, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: System Administrator
Find your niche.
As a Systems Administrator, you’ll be a point of escalation on a team, utilizing a high level of technical expertise installing, configuring and supporting all internal and external infrastructure. This position requires a deep understanding of networking. In this dynamic role, you’ll work directly with clients and team members, participating in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation. This environment is very fast-paced, and constantly evolving, so you’ll need to be up for the challenge.
- Work in a help-desk environment, oversee client hardware, networks and systems, identify, troubleshoot and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- installing, configuring, and supporting clients network infrastructure including LAN, WAN, wireless, servers, storage systems
- Assist with client and employee on-boarding and off-boarding
- Perform software installations utilizing tools, scripts and licenses
- Keep up to date on user environments, by maintaining documentation, using our ticketing system and communicating effectively to the end user
- Strong understanding of Cisco networking, routers and switches
- Keep current on new hardware and software that may benefit the company
- Ability to work diagnose root cause of network issues remotely and onsite
- Follow set standards
- Strong desire for personal development by obtaining major certifications.
- Must be willing to work on after-hours rotation outside of regular business hours (on-call)
- Local travel may be required for training and site support (up to 50%)
- 3+ years’ experience in networking and helpdesk
- CCNA or other major certification required
- Active certifications and re-certification required
- Hands-on experience with the following: Cisco firewalls, switches, and router
- Demonstrates strong understanding of layer two and layer three network technologies
- Knowledge and experience working and troubleshooting Microsoft Operating Systems, and TCP/IP networking and equipment
- Must work in on-call/after hours rotation
- Vast experience in communicating and resolving issues with clients in an effective manner
We appreciate our employees and want to prove it. Compudyne combines competitive wages with an excellent bonus package that includes Medical, Dental, Group Life and Disability Insurance, 401K and PTO. We also provide numerous perks to continually thank you for your hard work.
Join our team.
We like to work with people who can communicate clearly and learn quickly. Every day is a new challenge, and we’re constantly seeking ways to help our team get better at what we do. If that’s you, we want you on our team.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.