With Dunhill Professional Search & Government Solutions in Minneapolis MN USMore jobs from Dunhill Professional Search & Government Solutions
Posted on April 13, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
windows, sysadmin, security
Systems Engineer, Jr. – Req1232 – St. Paul, MN
ASM Research, an Accenture Federal Services Company, is a leading solutions integrator focused on using information and technology to solve real world problems for the Federal, state, and local Government organizations we serve. Our Information Solutions, Professional Services, and Information Assurance experts apply the latest technologies and industry methodologies to project management, analytical, personnel training and force structure, healthcare, and education challenges. ASM has a strong track record for 35 years of commitment to our clients’ missions that has repeatedly produced extraordinary results.
The Systems Engineer provides on-site support at VA facilities to remediate security threats and vulnerabilities. Assigned work covering vulnerability remediation through established national and regional change control documentation systems.
• Provides specific vulnerability remediation support for all devices, including laptops, workstations, printers, and network devices (including mobile devices), based on the Regional Director’s priorities, and remediates 98 percent of all new vulnerabilities.
• Uses Nessus, SCCM, SCOM, and SQL reports and product logs to locate workstations and servers that have inventory, deployment, patching or other issues, and then uses provided scripts, tools, and vendor products to troubleshoot and resolve the issue and verify resolution.
• Provides onsite patch and vulnerability support using SSCM and other tools. This includes MS patching, Nessus scan remediation, unauthorized software remediation, baseline image deficiencies, etc.
• Provides workstation, laptop, and printer hardware and software support/troubleshooting, imaging, and patching.
• Tests and images desktops and laptops using Microsoft Operating System Deployment using the VA provided images.
• Maintains and troubleshoots software and computer peripherals.
• Assists in updating security documents that adapt customer protocols to be in compliance with NIST guidelines.
• Troubleshoots any problems or issues that arise with Windows desktops/laptops from the network drop to the desktop/laptop, prioritizing systems infected with viruses.
• Provides operating system updates for Windows desktops/laptops.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline.
2 years of vulnerability remediation experience 5 years preferred.
8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
Other Job Specific Skills
• Basic knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, and Windows ACLs.
• Strong knowledge of patching and updating tools such as SCCM.
• Thorough understanding of Active Directory principals and best practices.
• Ability to work efficiently without supervision. Good at managing, prioritizing and multitasking.
• Experience with workstation, laptop, and printer hardware and software support/troubleshooting.
1 Federal Dr, St Paul, MN 55111 USA