With Staffing Network LLC in Phoenix AZ USMore jobs from Staffing Network LLC
Posted on April 13, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sysadmin, security, networking
Staffing Network/QPA is currently looking for a Systems Engineer for our client located in Phoenix, AZ. Please see the mandatory skills and requirements below. This is a direct hire opportunity.
With little or no supervision/direction:
- Manages the VMware virtualized windows server environment
- Administers the active directory single domain architecture
- Designs, manages and performs capacity planning for all san storage
- Optimizes performance of the brocade fiber switches
- Ensures core and access layer switching to provide a robust and scalable architecture
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, routing and switching concepts
- Manages and upgrades terminal server / remote desktop server management
- Recommends and manages scalable LAN/ WAN / WIFI and telecom infrastructure
- Performs data backups / snap shots / storage devices
- Monitors systems to ensure potential issues are detected and remediated early
- Administers the IP telephone system administration
- Supports integration with core business applications and business-related mobile app's
- Selects and administers video / audio conferencing and presentation systems
- Establishes support and procedural documentation
- Researches, recommends, and implements hardware/software to meet business needs
- Manages end user license agreements and other licensing to ensure compliance
- Collaborates with business units to understand specific requirements
- Participates in the data replication strategies for high availability solutions
- Manages clusters such as SQL and exchange server.
- Recommends, configure and manage network firewalls and security appliances
- Reviews intrusion detection logs and recommends security prevention methods
- Act as the principle security architect for networks, applications and data sources
- Coordinates security audits, penetration testing and remediation of related issues
- Supports virtual private networking
- Implements and manages network printers for high volume printing, label printing, etc.
- Performs root cause / failure analysis.
- Acts as the principle security architect.
- Performs user profile / security access administration
- Supports retail credit card systems and ERP integration
- Performs security patching / service pack installation and testing
- Installs application updates for core business applications.
- Recommends / procures and installs servers, storage, desktop pc's & printers
- Manages vendor selection for computer related suppliers
- Administers Microsoft office productivity applications (word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Provides technical direction to the non-it staff
- Performs project management and prioritization of mission critical tasks
- Organizational / interpersonal skills
- Possesses critical thinking capabilities
- Resolves complex problems using process of elimination and deductive reasoning
- Use logic to identify the strengths or weaknesses of solutions/approaches to issues
- Possess excellent listening and information gathering skills
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess the ability to explain complex technical issues to non-technical personnel
- Customer service-oriented approach
- Accustomed to a detail-oriented approach
- Participates as part of a larger team to solve complex problems
- Takes an ownership role in the overall management of the computing resources
Bachelor’s degree in a computer related discipline (e.g. Computer science, computer networking etc.) Preferred. However, a combination of experience, education and or certification will be accepted in lieu of an accredited bachelor’s degree.
- In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers; manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects, and operating office equipment. Travel as needed. Job functions are typically conducted in an office setting; however, this position may require working in warehouse and other locations which are less temperature controlled.
- Must wear (PPE) personal protective equipment when required. Including safety shoes and work helmets, safety vests, etc. Minimal lifting is required; however, this position will not require any employee to lift more than 50 pounds without assistance.
In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment. The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated. Noise levels are considered low to moderate.