With Piksel Inc in Atlanta GA USMore jobs from Piksel Inc
Posted on April 13, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
amazon-web-services, java, rest
Piksel is seeking a Technical Architect to design the structure of our video platform infrastructure and oversee programs to ensure the proper architecture is implemented for our Atlanta-based team.
In this role, you should be an excellent communicator who is able to translate complex requirements into functional architecture. We’d also like you to have hands-on experience on software development and be able to manage complex programs. You will be the lead of a team of infrastructure engineers designing, implementing, and maintaining the underlying systems to Piksel’s products.
Your goals will be to ensure our customer facing products operate properly.
Please note: We support systems on a 24x7 basis, so once ‘up to speed’ you will be part of an “On Call” rota operating outside of normal office hours.
What this role involves…
- Understand company needs to define system specifications
- Plan and design the structure of a technology solution
- Communicate system requirements to software development teams
- Evaluate and select appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods
- Oversee assigned programs (e.g. conduct code review) and provide guidance to team members
- Using infrastructure-as-code tools to create and manage complex estates within public clouds
- Using tools to manage pipelines and deployments
- Ensuring the availability and functionality of customer platforms and services, to agreed levels of service, by pro-actively monitoring, maintaining and upgrading
- Management of individual customer incident tickets, working through to completion within agreed deadlines
- Regularly reviewing existing platforms for opportunities for service improvement, cost reduction, and innovation.
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
- Address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions
- Monitor systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals
- Providing additional support to projects as needed
What you’ll need to bring…
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- A strong and broad AWS knowledge, including cost awareness.
- AWS Solution Architecture (Pro or Associate) certification
- A background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture
- TCP/IP network administration
- Experience with chunked HTTP media delivery formats and methods
- Experience designing or implementing public facing REST APIs
- Good understanding of AV metadata and its industry standards
- Experience of the following is highly desirable: JAVA, REST, memcache, Apache HTTPd server, Tomcat, Linux, HTTP, MySQL PHP (LAMP stack), Python scripting
- Experience with infrastructure automation – Terraform, puppet, git, GoCD
- Hands-on experience with software development and system administration
- Understanding of strategic IT solutions
- Experience in project management and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
What we’ll give you in return** …**
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- A strong ethos of knowledge sharing including weekly Lightening talks and DevOps Community of Practice meet ups
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Ongoing learning and development resources
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- Flexible working options and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar
So, if technology is your thing and you like to see it used to enable companies to work in new and exciting ways, then we’d love to hear from you.
We're really proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.