Data Warehouse Developer
With Sigma Systems Inc in Boston MA USMore jobs from Sigma Systems Inc
Posted on April 16, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sysadmin, sql, database
19-EHS-DWDEV-006- Data Warehouse Developer- 12 months- Boston MA
Sigma Systems is looking for a Data Warehouse Developer.
- The DW Developer evaluates, designs, and manages database systems in a client/server, mainframe or cloud environment and works with users to analyze requirements and define specifications for database access, structure, format, documentation, security, back-up and recovery.
- The DWD performs validation checks, maintains database dictionaries and coordinates the installation of new and revised database systems. The role requires a thorough knowledge of relational database systems, structured query language (SQL), and a working knowledge of referential integrity, triggers and stored procedures.
- Data and database operational support including database operations/administration, data management/configuration and, internal (e.g. incorporation of new data channels) and external dataset integration.
- Regular Data Refresh including modifications to data tables.
- Data quality initiatives embedded in the data and database operational support framework to address regular and intermittent data issues caused by inconsistencies in the data presented to the DataMart.
- Report production and enhancement ensuring the timely generation and distribution of regular provider and population reports.
- Other activity primarily focused on ad-hoc support.
- Manage application upgrades and migration activities.
- Create and maintain written procedure manuals.
- Maintain professional interaction with internal and external teams and management.
- Working with Providers.
- Expertise with relational database architecture, design, capacity planning, security, and other distributed data issues.
- Review the current database architecture, re-design and develop new databases.
- Document requirements for data integration, including file format, fields etc.
- Develop ETL processes for import and export of data.
- Design and maintain custom SSRS reports for the business.
- Document application and database architectures.
- Assist with RICE (Reports, Integrations, Conversions and Enhancements).
Implement and maintain critical systems adhering at all times to data security standards set for the by the organization
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a Database Administrator role. Experience in:
- Solution assessment and validation.
- Technical Requirements / Specifications Development and Management.
- Data-warehouses and Data-marts.
- Data Architecture.
- 8+ years of professional experience doing Microsoft SQL Server (2008, 2012 or greater) database management & database administration.
- 5+ years of experience with T-SQL and PowerShell Scripts, ETL is required.
- Strong working knowledge of query, index and DB I/O performance tuning, and Stored Procedures and SQL coding is required.
- Ability to manage all DB maintenance plan activities including backups, indexing, integrity and consistency checks, etc.
- Troubleshooting and resolving database blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues, Data issues etc.
- Possessing a strong understanding of database administrator methodologies.
- Understanding of project management and the software development lifecycle.
- Experience working in a PMO environment.
- Experience working with software vendors.
- Evidence of ability to work within a team and promote a collaborative work environment.
- Experience in maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Possess organizational, presentational and customer service skills.
- Possess excellent problem-solving, analytical and time management skills.
- Nice to have experience in Cognos
- BS Degree