Database Administrator Specialist
With Visium Resources, Inc. in Orlando FL USMore jobs from Visium Resources, Inc.
Posted on April 16, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Database Administrator, System Administrator
sysadmin, mysql, database
Visium Resources has been asked to identify candidates for the following position, located in Orlando, FL.
- Manages and maintains all production and non-production databases across multiple complex MySQL/MariaDB DBMS implementations.
- Sets standards and is responsible for design, creation, and monitoring of physical data storage, maintenance, access requests and security administration.
- Performs backup and recovery on Database Management Systems, configures database parameters and prototype designs against logical data models, defines data repository requirements, data dictionaries and warehousing requirements.
- This position optimizes database access and allocates or re-allocates database resources for optimum configuration, database performance and cost.
- Actively monitors existing databases to determine appropriate preventive actions to ensure high availability and optimal performance.
- Understands the business drivers for multiple business units and ensures the database platform is appropriate to the business use.
- Researches new technology and develops business cases to support enteric-wide database solutions.
- Works independently within a team, provides general direction with occasional work product reviews.
- Accountable for quality, completeness, and on-time delivery of own work products.
- Develop, manage and test database back-up and recovery plans for complex initiatives.
- Install new applications and customize existing applications to be fit for purpose.
- Recommend the appropriate database platform for the business use.
- Proactively monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Apply company policies and procedures to resolve complex issues.
- Estimate efforts for assigned projects anticipating interactions across more than one team.
- In depth knowledge of database concepts, designs, and architectures within multiple technologies.
- 5+ years experience with MySQL and 3+ years experience with MariaDB.
- Experience with AWS (3 yrs) components such as EC2, S3, RDS, Security Groups, Route 53, VPC in cloud infrastructure Benchmarking
- Profiling queries to see where the time being spent.
- 3 + years experience using Jenkins, GitHub and Teraform.
- Bachelors or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with mysqlslap benchmark tool (3 years) to see mysqld performance
- Experience with MonYog monitoring (3 years) and performance tuning
- Experience with Percona Toolkit (5 years)
Visium Recruiting Services is a division and extension of Visium Resources, providing recruiting assistance in the location and screening of talent within various industries throughout all of Florida and the entire United States.