With Pyramid Consulting, Inc in Charlotte NC USMore jobs from Pyramid Consulting, Inc
Posted on April 16, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
oracle, sysadmin, database
Immediate need for a talented Database Analyst with experience in the Energy Industry. This is a 06+ Months contract opportunity with long-term potential and located in Charlotte, NC. Please review the job description below.
Job ID: 19-17281
Key Requirements and Technology Experience:
- The position will be more focused on the support of our Database environments vs. project delivery.
- The candidate would initially train alongside our Database Delivery teams to learn about our standards, processes and procedures at Client, then work in the Integrated Command Center daily to provide database support, and assist our database centric support analysts with training and guidance on their support activities and requests.
- Senior Database Administrator for Oracle database systems.
- The candidate should be comfortable supporting production support and project delivery work in an 24x7 and Agile environment.
- The selected DBA will be expected to support basic administrative installation and maintenance support in addition to complex maintenance operations and delivery support.
- The candidate should be self-driven, innovative, have excellent communication skills, be dependable, be action oriented, and have effective problem-solving skills.
- The candidate will work on projects supporting one of the country’s largest utility providers. Work is dynamic, broad in scope, and fast paced.
- The selected candidate will be joining a team of DBAs who are driven, open to sharing, and are tightly knit.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Experience with Oracle 11/12, RAC, ASM, Data Guard, and OEM, performance tuning, RMAN, and experience administering Oracle and UNIX.
- High qualified candidates have experience with APEX, Exadata, Golden Gate, and patching.
- Good communication skills and inter-personal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, strong organizational skills, and ability to analyze business problems and opportunities. Our client is a leading Energy Industry and we are currently interviewing to fill this and other similar contract positions. If you are interested in this position, please apply online for immediate consideration.