Desktop Support Specialist
With Sigma Systems Inc in Boston MA USMore jobs from Sigma Systems Inc
Posted on April 16, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Desktop Developer, System Administrator
34882- Desktop Support Specialist- 6 months- Boston MA
Sigma Systems is looking for a Desktop Support Specialist.
- Maintain inventories of all IT assets
- Implement IT enterprise images for PC's (Desktop/Laptop)
- Install operating systems and software; patch systems and protect against viruses/malware.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot devices; utilize IT tools for remote management of desktops and laptops, track inventory, push patches and upgrades.
- Provide user friendly, on-hand support to the users in multiple locations.
- Inform customers on the status of their requests and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Handle tickets effectively within the service desk within timeframes outlined in service level objectives.
- Assist Telecom with movement of IP phones as required.
- Act as the contact person for office wiring/cable installations
- Assist with:
- local backup and restore process to include swapping tapes, restoring files, and transfer of media
- troubleshooting and resolving Network issues.
- monitoring and maintaining the health and integrity of the network.
- local backup and restore process
- site specific projects as related to network infrastructure & server support
- Install, configure and support state issued mobile devices and other tech devices such as iPads and tablets.
- Responsible for performing system analysis and troubleshooting functions as they relate to the LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of communication connections between workstations, printers, etc.
- Responsible to assist in server installation/maintenance and be the liaison to vendors and third level support for LAN/WAN peripherals such as switches, routers, modems, hubs etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience supporting Microsoft Operating Systems preferably in a service desk environment with a helpdesk ticketing system and call queue.
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, including Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows Desktop Operating Systems & PC hardware configuration skills.
- Experience with Active Directory account creation, password resets, distribution groups and other AD functions.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange (including O365, EMS, and Azure).
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Strong knowledge of network technologies involving Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) and Virtual Private Networks (VPN).
- Understanding of WAN, LAN, and VPN network protocols such as TCP/IP and network diagnostic tools and techniques.
- Experience facilitating new user setups including but not limited to phone setup, network port activation and testing, PC setup, network account creation, etc.
- Experience deploying/imaging desktops and laptops and performing hardware diagnostics.
- A+, Network +, or other IT industry standard certifications desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong service orientation and time management skills.
- Valid driver's license and ability to lift up to 35lbs.