Help Desk Analyst
With Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston in Boston MA USMore jobs from Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston
Posted on April 16, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston (OCB) was established in 1969 to offer patients the highest quality eye care and laser/surgical treatment. OCB has nine practice locations in the greater Boston area and Cape Cod. In addition, OCB has four affiliated surgery and laser centers. OCB and its affiliates employ 500+ employees. The staff of 40 ophthalmologists uses the most advanced diagnostic, laser and surgical techniques available and their level of care has earned Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston a national and international reputation for excellence.
As a member of the IT team, the Help Desk Analyst is responsible for providing superior technical support for OCB and its affiliated organizations in multiple geographical locations by responding to incoming calls, emails, and in person requests for assistance with all IT-related issues.
Responsibilities and Duties
Triages calls by identifying, classifying, and prioritizing incidents and requests. Resolves issues as appropriate. Has good judgment. Owns customer relationship through resolution of incident. Thoroughly documents all actions in ticketing system. Has frequent interactions with all levels of personnel, therefore has impeccable customer service skills.
Examples of duties include:
- Proactively managing queue of requests and incidents.
- Documenting, tracking, and monitoring the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Providing guidance to users on hardware and software questions/issues.
- Following up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved.
- Providing technical assistance and support for incoming help tickets and issues related to computer systems, software, printers and phones.
- Responding to requests either in person, via email, or over the phone.
- Maintaining performance of computer systems.
- Recording root causes and steps taken to resolve reported issues.
- Installing, upgrading, and repairing computer hardware and software.
- Resolving technical problems with Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN).
- Working with internal staff and medical device vendors to troubleshoot and fix medical device issues.
- Setting up and installing new computers including on-boarding new physicians and staff members.
- Setting up and troubleshooting VOIP phones.
- Deploying new applications and maintenance updates.
- Identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems.
- Supporting smartphones with email configuration.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or GED required; some college preferred. Must demonstrate technical experience with the following:
- Basic understanding of system internals tools, i.e. Process Monitor and Process explorer
- Good knowledge of Windows PCs and servers; Mac and Apple device experience, a plus
- Understanding of Microsoft Exchange 2016, Skype 2016 and SQL Server 2016
- Experience preferred with Remote Control Tools to support clients remotely
- Experience with VoIP systems, preferably ShoreTel
- Experience with Ophthalmology medical devices, a plus
Knowledge of Active Directory and integration with desktop systems
Knowledge of VMware Horizon View and virtual desktops, a plus
The ideal candidate is a strong team player, detailed oriented, and a proven self-starter. Must be technically minded, and demonstrate enthusiasm to learn and grow in the IT field; must quickly understand the problems in a variety of situations and provide solutions independent. Excellent written, verbal, and customer service skills with proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team. Excellent organizational/administrative/technical skills with agility to reprioritize as necessary. Highly skilled in documenting troubleshooting steps and creating knowledge base articles. Occasional local travel; willingness to work extended and flexible hours.
Benefits and Perks
OCB provides a competitive benefits package to full time employees, which includes medical, dental, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. To find out more about OCB, please visit our website at http://www.eyeboston.com. OCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.