Help Desk Technician
With AgreeYa Solutions in Los Angeles CA USMore jobs from AgreeYa Solutions
Posted on April 16, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
windows, sysadmin, user-experience
The Help Desk Technician provides workstation phone, off site and onsite support for users, vendors and/or clients, resolving computer issues and help desk-related requests. The Technician plans, analyzes, configures, and installs new personal computer systems, determining user specifications for hardware and software upgrades; maintains and repairs existing computers; and deals with most issues that are simple or routine, escalating more complex or involved issues to Level II staff. The Technician composes documentation and communication regarding help desk/telephone support operations, and focuses on customer relations, achieving user comfort level on computer applications and equipment. The Help Desk Technician may be required to travel on an as needed basis in order to fulfill user support responsibilities.
- Help Desk Coordination: Track all help desk issues and ensure that all are assigned to a staff member, are completed, and that users are kept informed of the status of their requests.
- User Support: Provide 1st-tier user support for all simple or routine user issues. Help users resolve system problems, utilize standard software, and maintain standard hardware. The Help Desk Technician may be required to travel on an as needed basis in order to fulfill user support responsibilities.
- Account Creation: Create standard accounts for new users for workstation login or email. Assign users to established groups and assign standard file permissions on appropriate servers.
- Maintain Supplies: Responsible for maintaining computer-related supplies (toner cartridges, floppy disks, backup tapes, etc.). Keep track of use, research prices, submit expenditure requests when needed, and ensure that consumables don't run out. Ensure that new hardware is accurately entered into the FAS accounting system. Workstation Roll out/Patching: Provide Client for workstation rollouts and applying patches to workstations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
Required: High School Diploma
Preferred: Associate's or Bachelor's degree
With High School Diploma : 3 years of experience in configuring & administering networked computer systems in a Windows environment.
- Strong experience with TCP/IP, Microsoft Outlook Email, Laptops and PDAs such as blackberry.
- Experience in providing support to telecommute & mobile laptop users required.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, Windows XP/7 and Active Directory.
- Candidate must also be familiar in configuring remote LAN access for VPN.
- Excellent team work ethic.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
With Associate's Degree: At least 2 years of experience in configuring & administering networked computer systems in a Windows environment.
With Bachelor's Degree: Minimum of 1 year experience in configuring & administering networked computer systems in a Windows environment.
Strong PC and desktop application knowledge.
- Strong computer troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
CompTIA A+ certified.
- Versatile Worker ability to resolve tickets via email, phone, in person (dispatch)
- Team Player
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Work under high pressure
- Ability to prioritize tickets
- Superior Customer Service
- Ability to provide a step by step breakdown of troubleshooting a variety of technical issues
- Flexibility with working different schedules (i.e. early mornings, late evenings and weekends)
The four tiers we are looking in a candidate are:
- Communication being able to elaborate the instructions to the client aka employees.
- Empathy to understand that some clients aka employees are not as computer savvy as others.
- Customer Service
- Technical Knowledge-Has at least 2 years' technical background working on break\fixes, helpdesk, call center or assisting users in person on hardware and software related issues.