Senior Cyber Security Specialist
With Pyramid Consulting, Inc in Charlotte NC USMore jobs from Pyramid Consulting, Inc
Posted on April 16, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
cloud, security, sysadmin
Immediate need for a talented Senior Cyber Security Specialist with experience in the Utility Industry.
This is a 06+ Months Contract opportunity with long-term potential and is located in Charlotte, NC. Please review the job description below.
Job ID: 19-14745
- Support, maintenance and development of tools utilized to generate cyber security events and incidents across the environment.
- Work closely with peers, other internal/external teams and management in a 24x7 Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC) environment.
- Processes and procedures as defined by Cybersecurity leadership and the Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT). similar to systems administrator with a focus on detection and correlation of cyber events related to managed systems. support and security around the cloud environment. Key Requirements and Technology Experience:
- 2+ years experience in a security operations center and/or system administration role
- Experience with the maintenance, configuration and operation of Cybersecurity tools related to the cloud environment, including OMS, Web Application Firewalls, Log Analytics and other cloud centric solutions.
- Ability to evaluate and develop content / alert solutions for cloud based environments including Azure, OMS, AWS, O365, etc.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) or Azure Active Directory and understanding of SAML 2.0 and cloud SSO providers
- Knowledge in automated build systems required, including Jenkins, Docker, AWS
- Experience deploying and managing containers and applications
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings and provide briefings to various levels of staff / management.
- Ability to work in high pressure situations and within a team environment.
- Experience with writing and editing technical documentation and operational procedures.
- Demonstrated effective problem solving & analytical skills
- Direct background or exposure to cyber security operations
- Knowledge of network monitoring, analysis, troubleshooting, and configuration control technologies
- General networking understanding and/or experience to include Understanding of TCP/IP communications & knowledge of how common protocols and applications work at the network level, including DNS, HTTP, and SMB
- Windows and UNIX/Linux command line scripting experience and programming experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats and tools used to mitigate risk.
- Experience with forensics and malware analysis concepts and methods.
- Familiarity or experience with the Cyber Kill Chain® methodology
- Innovative – ability to recognize and seek improvement and efficiency opportunities
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain.
- Education Requirement: Bachelors Degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, other degrees with high level understanding of network and application security and information systems, or 6 years equivalent experience. Our client is a leading Utility Industry and we are currently interviewing to fill this and other similar contract positions. If you are interested in this position, please apply online for immediate consideration.