Senior IT Consultant
With Castellan Inc in Los Angeles CA USMore jobs from Castellan Inc
Posted on April 16, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
windows, sysadmin, project-management
Castellan Inc. is looking for a Senior IT Consultant to join a team of engineers who service small to medium sized businesses in the greater Los Angeles area.
We're looking for someone with a background in IT consulting, system & network administration, excellent speaking and written communication skills, and a genuine enthusiasm for the technology that drives businesses. This is a senior level position -applicants should have 8+ years of IT experience either in-house or consulting.
Responsibilities & Requirements
· Communicate with clients via phone, email, and onsite visits
· Provide IT helpdesk, project management, & technology consulting
· Ability to innovate and deliver technical solutions to business problems
· Install and troubleshoot desktop and server hardware such as power supplies, RAM, hard drives, etc.
· Install, maintain, and troubleshoot various versions of Windows, Windows Servers, and Mac OSX operating systems
· Install, maintain, and troubleshoot network components such as switches, printers, firewalls, web filters, etc.
· Install, maintain, and troubleshoot software such as Microsoft Office, Exchange, and Active Directory
· Accurately log and document time spent on service cases
· Ability to create professional project proposals and quotes
· Manage vendors such as software & hardware retailers, ISPs, MPSs, cellular, Etc.
· Availability to work afterhours and on weekends when necessary
Required Technical Skills
· Knowledge of common desktop applications such as Office, web browsers, Etc.
· Windows desktop, Windows Server, and Mac OSX operating systems
· Windows Active Directory
· Computer networking including switching, routing, VLANs, WAN, LAN, WLAN, VPN, Etc.
· On-premise virtualization including VMWare and Hyper-V
· Cloud virtualization including AWS and Azure
· Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical users
· Ability to work independently as well as on a team
· Multi-task several projects or services cases at once
· Self-motivated and ability to managed own schedule
A working vehicle and auto insurance are required.
Castellan Inc. is a privately owned and operated company that has been servicing the Los Angeles area for nearly 20 years. The headquarters office is located in downtown Los Angeles.