Teradata Database Administrator
With Oxford Solutions in Charlotte NC USMore jobs from Oxford Solutions
Posted on April 16, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Database Administrator, System Administrator
sysadmin, sql, database
This is a senior level role for a Teradata Database Administrator with our client.
In this role, you will provide hands-on database installation, configuration, administration and support for all implementation, development, test, demo, and production databases.
- Conduct regular performance tuning and testing including analysis of usage patterns
- Configure and maintain backup and recovery procedures;
- Perform capacity planning in collaboration with other team members and system administrators
- Establish standards, document database change procedures
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve data processing issues to maintain daily data feeds and data integrity, 24x7x365 when necessary
- Manage user accounts and access privileges
- Develop and maintain SQL procedures, views, and other scripts in support of production development, customer reporting, and database administration requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree and 7 years database administrator experience
- At least 4 years general technical experience
- At least 4 years of experience in one or more of the following DBMS technologies: Teradata, Postgres
- Strong database and SQL tuning
Teradata Requirements include:
- Teradata Database 15.10 or higher
- Workload Management
- DataMover (Including DSA architecture)
- Teradata Database performance tuning and best practices.
Teradata Database Administrator - DBA - 18306