Lead Oracle Database Developer
With Kairos Technologies in Boston MA USMore jobs from Kairos Technologies
Posted on May 01, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
oracle, sql, sysadmin
Lead Oracle Database DeveloperÂ
Long term contract
The Purpose of Your Role
- We are looking for a strong Oracle Developer to contribute in database applications development within data management space.
- The Senior Database Developer will be part of a global database development team that focuses on building solutions supporting the Workplace Managed Accounts.
- You will have to develop a good understanding of Oracle PLSQL, data movement Patterns, and modern application design. You will be responsible for gathering requirements, analyzing data, conducting impact assessments and building scalable and innovative solutions using Oracle PLSQL, Informatica, and Autosys.
- You will work in both OLTP and OLAP systems and work on data movement and transformations.
- Excellent coding and performance tuning skills adhering to established database development standards are critical to succeed in this role.
Â Primary Responsibilities:Â
- Database Development, primarily in Oracle PL/SQL;
- Must be strong in writing Complex Queries;
- Writing PL/SQL functions and packages;
- The ability to Diagnose data issues and performance matrix; ETL, specifically Informatica, experience also strongly preferred.Â
- The candidate must have sound communication skills, be able to comprehend business requirements, translate them into technical design specs and apply the same in the development process.
- We are seeking a highly motivated and responsive team player with the ability to multi-task, be a technical lead and work under minimal supervision.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Five or more years of industry experience developing Oracle SQL & PL/SQL solutions.
- B.S. degree in math, statistics, computer science, or equivalent technical field.
- Shown expertise with Oracle PL/SQL to develop optimized database modules to handle large data volume.
- Validated knowledge of Informatica for ETL and data warehouse concepts.
- Strong data and systems analysis skills are a must have.
- Experience with build and release tools, like Jenkins and uDeploy
- Prior experience working with MS Access based applications is valued.
- Prior experience working with Tableau
- Exploring cloud alternatives and other emerging technologies as part of future state analysis.
- Strong overall communication, analysis, PL/SQL practices and familiarity with modern software design principles including modularity, eventing, etc.
The Skills You Bring
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills as you will present to everyone from entry-level employees to executives.
- You have an ability to explain complicated or technical information in a simple way to non-technical audiences.
- You set realistic expectations and prioritize within a dynamic and shifting environment.
- You are sensitive to clients' needs and are adept at developing relationships and engaging users.
- You have curiosity and passion about data, visualization and solving problems.
- You have willingness to question the validity, accuracy of data and assumptions.
- You are eager to learn and deliver in a fast-paced environment and thrill the users.
- The Value You Deliver
- Partnering closely with the analysts/business partners to understand the business problem
- Designing, developing and supporting quality solutions that aligns with the technology blueprint and best practices to solve business problems
- Actively participating in activities like innovation days, code and design reviews, exploring emerging technologies etc.