With Serenova in Austin TX USMore jobs from Serenova
Posted on May 03, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
linux, sysadmin, windows
Serenova simplifies every aspect of the customer experience to make life easier for contact center executives, their customers and employees. The world’s most passionate, customer-focused brands achieve better interactions, deeper insights, and more meaningful outcomes with Serenova’s contact center solutions. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Serenova has operations in California, Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia. Learn more at http://www.serenova.com. For live updates, follow @SerenovaShine.
Year One Objectives:
- Work with Operations and Engineering teams to provision,maintain, and ensure the availability of the lab environment.
- Review configuration management tools to identifyopportunities for streamlining implementation and enhancingsupportability.
- Monitor the work ticket queue, prioritize work, and implement changes quickly, keeping the queue at a manageable level.
- Responsible for provisioning and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizationalstandards.
- Assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology.
- Accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows systems that support Engineering and QA infrastructure.Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
- Work ticketing system to reduce backlog and ensure continuous operation of lab environments.
- The candidate for this position must have had at least 1 year of working experience supporting Linux in a SaaS environment. Experience with RedHat/CentOS is a plus.
- The candidate should have experience supporting a large-scale infrastructure. The candidate will have had practical experience with system administration, virtualization, and production support.
- Extensive experience supporting and configuring enterprise hosted infrastructure and cloud-based infrastructure.
- Experience in scaling distributed data systems infrastructure automation tools, for example, Puppet, Ansible a plus.
Our Core Values:
We’re all human, and we treat everyone (including ourselves) with humility, kindness and respect.
Progress Over Perfection:
We are flexible and resilient. We embrace change, roll with the punches, and strive to make each day better than the day before.
We are fanatically transparent, seeking accountability in all that we do, we honor our work, keep our commitments, and seek every opportunity to act in the service of others.
Above and Beyond:
Everyone is a customer – and simply meeting expectations is never enough. We delight in simplifying the complex and doing more with less and giving more than we ask for in return.
No Finish Line:
We are imaginative and tenacious. We are never discouraged, never satisfied and never done. There’s always more we can do, and because we cannot fail if we do not quit, above all, we persist.
Perks & Benefits:
- Values-based culture
- Flexible PTO & generous Holiday Schedule
- Robust Medical Benefits
- Pets? We’ve got them covered too!
- 401(k) match
- On-site masseuse, car detailer and gym memberships also available
- Taco Tuesday & Friday lunches
- Monthly Happy Hours