Active Directory Engineer
With Delphi-US, LLC in Raleigh NC USMore jobs from Delphi-US, LLC
Posted on May 04, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sysadmin, sql-server, windows
Our Client, a leading US Defense Contractor is actively seeking an Active Directory Engineer to join their team in Raleigh, NC. The selected candidate will be an Active Directory Subject Matter Expert (AD SME) and will be assisting with the implementation of new features and services through assessing and testing new techniques and support processes. Must understand the importance of the ability of the resources to understand and operate within an AD environment.
- Active Directory Server Integration — base operating systems, software distribution, security settings, updates and level three problem management support.
- Active Directory — design and implementation, group policies, security groups, GPO, PKI, ADFS 2, user and computer objects, logon authentication, scripts, replication, forest and domains, release management, production, user/account provisioning, LDAP/application support and third level problem management support.
- Remote Management — Active Directory engineering and redesign of remote management tools especially SCCM, SCOM, MOSS, DNS and WSUS and third level problem management support.
- 13 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis
- Six years of experience progressively working with the more difficult aspects of Windows in planning, architecting, developing, testing, and implementing PC LANs
- Working knowledge of state of the art LAN systems hardware, software techniques, and concepts including OSI model, repeaters, bridges, routers, gateways, TCP/IP, SNMP protocols, IEEE Ethernet and cable standards
- Excellent communication skills-both written and oral
- Ability to formulate and document proposed LAN system and operating system solutions with comprehensive, quantitative, and qualitative terms appropriate for comparative analysis
- Ability to design, install, implement, support, and troubleshoot Microsoft’s BackOffice, Windows server, Exchange server, Internet Information Server (IIS), Microsoft SQL server, Content Replication, Internet News, NetMeeting, SCCM server, Terminal Server, Site Server, Remote Access Server, DHCP, WINS, and DNS
- Demonstrated understanding with hardware and software testing, integration, installation, configuration, and problem solving; especially for Windows XP clients and Windows Server, and Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) preferred
- Knowledge of VBS, C++, PowerShell, Perl, and JAVA
- Strong scripting skills required.
- Scripting experience with VBS and VB Powershell.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust designation
- Master’s degree from accredited institution in computer science, information systems or related field