Manager, Software Engineering, Express Wifi
With Facebook in Tel Aviv-Yafo - ILMore jobs from Facebook
Posted on May 02, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Machine Learning, Mobile, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
java, design, c++, networking, sysadmin
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Express Wi-Fi is part of Facebook's initiative to connect to the Internet two-third of the world who are still unconnected. We provide the end-to-end network metering solution, which at its core includes a captive portal (like the one we all use in airports and hotels) and accounting components. Facebook is partnering with ISPs (Internet Service Providers) and MNOs (Mobile Network Operators) in developing countries (currently India and countries in Africa) to deploy this solution. Hyper-local retailers are driving the on-the-ground sales efforts.
Engineering Leadership at Facebook
The Express Wi-Fi organisation is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead rapid scaling internationally.
We want the most creative and experienced engineering leaders to join us in making the world more open and connected. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. We’re looking for Software Engineering Managers with progressive technical experience, a demonstrated progression of management scope, sharp coding skills, and a passion for managing outstanding engineers in a fast-paced environment.
This position is full-time and based in our Tel Aviv office. Travel to Facebook Headquarters in the US and to installations in the field will be required, but
- Be a highly technical, hands-on coder and an effective people manager
- Mentor and support engineers' growth and success, help them to find and focus on their strengths
- Lead and guide engineering culture to form a high performance team
- Communicate across functions and drive engineering initiatives
- Participate in technical design
- Be a subject matter expert in a product domain
- Define and influence product strategy
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Contribute to the overall maturity of deployment and other processes.
- At least 5 years of proven hands-on technical management experience
- At least 5 years of proven engineering teams management experience
- BS / MS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, relevant work experience)
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Real world impact driven – we're giving tools to our partners to create successful programs. Technology is the tool to achieve those goals, and we should build the most impactful solution.
- Curious to learn about different cultures
- Comfortable supporting a team working across multiple technologies
- Looking to work XFN with a breadth of different specialties, not just engineers – but also engineering, design, data science, data engineering, product quality, research and product marketing
- Wireless networking experience is a big plus.