Sr Oracle DBA
With Primary Services in Houston TX USMore jobs from Primary Services
Posted on May 04, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
oracle, sysadmin, database
Our major Fortune 100 client is looking for an Oracle DBA to strengthen the ability of their Oracle DBA team! Our client is a major player in Oil and Gas in the Energy Corridor.
Apply today! The position will be moving quickly...
- Responsible for providing database administration, database security and production support
- Installing, upgrading and maintaining databases.
- Plans and executes database backup, archiving and recovery.
- Provides database tuning for performance and stability.
- Manages physical database design and implementation, database security implementation and monitoring.
- Uses change management processes to prevent production disruptions and outages.
- Partners with other IT organizations to ensure quality support and delivery to the end-user.
- Participates in an on-call rotation with other DBA's to provide 24X7 coverage.
- Typically requires 3-5 years of experience.
- Intermediate level.
- Moving towards full competency.
- Requires a broader, general understanding of discipline. Identifies problems and develops potential solutions.
- Makes decisions within well defined parameters.
Position Comments: Production support role for Oracle 11g and Oracle 12c.
Excellent Communication is requirement
We are just starting to deploy Multitenancy so expertise in Multitenancy is preferred, but not required.