Senior Security Engineer, Security Development & Analytics
With Comcast in Moorestown NJ USMore jobs from Comcast
Posted on May 08, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
security, sysadmin, cloud
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
The Senior Security Engineer, a role residing within the Comcast Cybersecurity Organization, is responsible for developing and executing strategies to deliver or enhance Comcast cyber security Enterprise solutions. The position will engineer cyber security products or tools that will support the overall Enterprise landscape, inclusive of requirements gathering, security tool assessments, configuration and deployment of cyber security products, support of operational readiness needs, and ongoing technical leadership.
The engineer should have a deep technical understanding of application, host, cloud, and network security tools and techniques, must be familiar with SIEM technologies, security instrumentation tools, security industry standards and best practices, and must be able to effectively work with development, engineering, and operational counterparts.
The position is highly collaborative across a variety of teams, both technical and non-technical, and will require a strong ability to build effective, productive, relationships in order to succeed.
- Analyze new and existing cyber security technologies, processes, and services to identify and recommend enhancement capabilities to build or deploy new solutions to enhance the overall Enterprise security posture
- Develop, configure, tune, integrate, deploy, and maintain Enterprise security instrumentation tools and their environments as well as ensuring remediation plans are in place for key findings
- Develop correlation rules in the SIEM based on requirements and tuning of existing rules to enhance detection capabilities
- Develop cyber security resiliency strategies leveraging standard "baseline" methodologies, metrics and outputs of tools to enhance the overall security posture and visibility across the Enterprise
- Establish effective measurements and reporting methodologies to manage performance and effectiveness of key security programs
- Communicate progress of work in progress, key initiatives, and walkthroughs on complex designs and architecture
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to develop a strong rapport across a variety of technical and non-technical teams
- Experience working with security instrumentation tools like Verodin, AttackIQ
- Experience working with SIEM and analytic platforms like Splunk, Elastic, LogRhythm, and QRadar
- Experience in deploying systems and applications, monitoring, ETL, and configuration management
- Experience working with Kafka and cloud environments to manage data collection, parsing, storage, and search capabilities
- Knowledge of networking tools like netflow, packet capture, IDS/IPS, Bro/Zeek, and other security related tools
- Experience working with Linux CLI and shell scripting
- Proven ability to excel in a team, as an individual, in a dynamic environment and still meet deadlines
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Field of Study: Preferably in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
Certifications: Preferred: CISSP, CISM, CISA
Years' Experience: Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.