With Comcast in Philadelphia PA USMore jobs from Comcast
Posted on May 09, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Engneer 4 of Operations will provide end-to-end production support for Enterprise Applications. This team is tasked with supporting OSS/BSS, Middleware, CARE Applications/Tools, Tech applications/Tools and Data Management Systems, including billing, provisioning, activation, authentication, transaction processing and location service applications.
In this capacity, the team has responsibility for the critical systems our customer-facing employees depend upon in their daily work activities to provide the best possible experience to our customers.
The Sr. Engineer of this team must work closely with peers within the Advanced Operations organization, as well as build excellent working relationships with partner organizations across the company. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of technical leadership, is a creative thinker, problem solver, teacher, and learner. The Sr. Engineer within this organization will help build a team of subject matter experts and will need to have a strong mix of both technical knowledge of the systems and technologies that support OSS/BSS platforms, as well a strong focus on customer experience. The Sr. Engineer must also have demonstrated excellence in Incident Management and Problem Management.
- Operates within a world-class team focused on best-in-class reliability engineering and operations methodologies.
- Develops strong technical knowledge of the applications and services we support, is able to perform effective Incident Management from incident start through resolution, partners with Engineering and Deployment to determine root causes, and drives rigorous Problem Management to follow through on action items.
- Collaborates with development teams to understand application changes and identify potential issues that may arise, create implementation and back-out plans, and oversee the implementation during the scheduled maintenance window.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced 24x7 technical operations environment.
- Deliver clear and precise communications, both verbally and in writing.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies,
concepts, and skills and their application in the area of specified
- Acts as a mentor to junior engineers within the organization.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary within a rotational on-call schedule.
- Strong experience with Incident Management , Problem Management, Service Availability Management, and Change Management.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with ability to articulate complex emergent situations clearly and plainly.
- 9+ years technical experience with OSS platforms, Middleware & Business integeration.
- Knowledge of Oracle Fusion Middleware (SOA Suite), mulesoft, SOAP, ESB, OSB, Weblogic, Rest services (JSON), WSDL, XML, XSL/XSLT, VISIO, Excel, API, Microservices, WebLogic, Cloud, LaaS, PaaS.
- Knowledge of Amdocs/CSG Billing system preferred
- Experience in running Billing Operations
- Experience in cable industry prefered
- Highly collaborative with a strong work ethic.
- Embraces challenges, displays strong creative flexibility.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Familiarity with ITIL and/or eTOM frameworks
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer