Customer Engineer, Data Management
With Google in Singapore - SGMore jobs from Google
Posted on May 11, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Services, Hardware Engineering, Internet Infrastructure
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cloud, sysadmin, database
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or in an equivalent customer facing role.
- Experience with database technologies, database administration techniques, and database management tools.
- Experience with data migration strategies and moving production systems.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- 4 years of technical sales experience or professional consulting experience.
- Strong experience with optimizing database performance with respect to transactional and/or analytic workloads.
- Deep expertise in disaster recovery (DR) and data backup strategies.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a Customer Engineer, you'll work with the Technical Sales teams as a networking subject matter expert to differentiate Google Cloud to our customers. You will help customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explain technical features, help customers design architectures, and problem-solve.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities. Identify key customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Share in-depth storage and database expertise to support the technical relationship with Google’s customers.
- Work with customers to demonstrate Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required. At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.