Customer Engineer, Google Cloud Data Management
With Google in Taipei - TWMore jobs from Google
Posted on May 11, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Services, Hardware Engineering, Internet Infrastructure
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cloud, sysadmin, database
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- SQL experience with query troubleshooting experience. Experience with database technologies.
- Experience with database performance tuning including network performance, storage performance, and database tuning techniques.
- Experience as a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical related field.
- 4 years of technical sales experience or professional consulting experience in the fields of systems integration, large scale data transfer/management, and enterprise database performance.
- Experience with optimizing database performance with respect to transactional and/or analytic workloads.
- Experience in disaster recovery (DR) and data backup strategies.
- Ability to learn quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT Technology space.
- Ability to effectively present to both technical and non-technical audiences.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Customer Engineer, you'll work with technical Sales teams as a networking subject matter expert to differentiate Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, and problem-solving.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Support local Sales teams in pursuit of key business opportunities, engaging customers to address aspects of the data lifecycle.
- Identify business and technical requirements, conduct full technical discovery and architect client solutions to meet gathered requirements.
- Take responsibility for leading technical projects, including such activities as technology advocacy, supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work hands-on with Google Cloud Platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Travel as required around EMEA for meetings, technical reviews and onsite delivery activities. Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight the Google Cloud Platform value proposition, using techniques that include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers and RFI response documents. At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.