Sales Engineer, Data Management, Google Cloud
With Google in Kirkland WA USMore jobs from Google
Posted on May 11, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Services, Hardware Engineering, Internet Infrastructure
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cloud, sysadmin, sql
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: New York, NY, USA; Reston, VA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role.
- Experience with database technologies, database administration techniques database management tools for backups, recovery, snapshot management, sharding, partitioning and archival and experience with database performance and tuning techniques.
- Experience with data migration strategies, moving large scale production systems either in on-premise / data center environments or migration to cloud scenarios and deep query troubleshooting such as isolating blocks of poor performing SQL, determining root cause, and developing remediation actions and, cloud and data center network topologies, enterprise security, cloud identity, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field
- 4 years of technical sales experience or professional consulting experience in the fields of systems integration, large scale data transfer / management, and enterprise database performance
- Deep expertise in disaster recovery (DR) and data backup strategies
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space and strong experience with optimizing database performance with respect to transactional and/or analytic workloads
- Effective presentation skills, with the ability to deliver a technical pitch.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
In this role, you will work hand-in-hand with technical Sales teams as an enterprise database subject matter expert to differentiate and paint the vision of Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshoot potential roadblocks related to database (and app) migration and data back ends for new app development.
You have served in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role, including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team. You have experience with database technologies (e.g., DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Memcache, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Cassandra), knowledge of database administration techniques (e.g., storage, clustering, high availability, disaster recovery, security, logging, monitoring and auditing), database management tools for backups, recovery, snapshot management, sharding, partitioning and archival. You have experience with database performance and tuning techniques (e.g., network performance, storage performance, and database tuning techniques).
You also have experience with data migration strategies, moving large scale production systems either in on-premise / data center environments or migration to cloud scenarios, SQL skills with deep query troubleshooting knowledge (e.g., isolating blocks of poor performing SQL, determining root cause, and developing remediation actions), functional understanding of cloud and data center network topologies, enterprise security, cloud identity, troubleshooting techniques, and effective presentation skills, with the ability to deliver a technical pitch.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with teams to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand key customer technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Share in-depth storage and database expertise to support the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination and prioritization of solutions impacting customer adoption of Google Cloud.
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events. At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.