Technical Solutions Engineer, G Suite, Unified Communications
With Google in New York NY USMore jobs from Google
Posted on May 11, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Services, Hardware Engineering, Internet Infrastructure
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cloud, linux, shell
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Kirkland, WA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of technical experience in network and/or linux system administration, web or software development, and troubleshooting.
- Experience in a technical support, professional services, engineering, sustaining engineering, and/or systems engineering capacity.
- Experience in advanced network troubleshooting (e.g., routers, firewalls, switches, PBX deployment, WiFi performance issues).
- Experienced in VOIP technology (e.g., SIP/H323/MGCP, RTP, SIP-based solutions).
- Experienced configuring, updating, and supporting VOIP solutions in a multi-location environment and/or supporting Telecommunications or Networking solutions.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting large-scale networking solutions.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix, from kernel to shell and beyond.
About the job
The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. You swiftly problem-solve technical issues for customers to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Google Cloud business and in bringing our product portfolio into companies around the world.
As a Technical Solutions Engineers, you will help resolve the most important customer issues and provide level two support to our other support teams. You will be a part of a global team that provides 24x7 support to help customers seamlessly make the switch to Google Cloud, ensuring we have the necessary tools and processes to swiftly resolve issues with as little customer effort as possible.
The best time to solve a customer issue is before it happens by working to identify the root problem and use your experience to work with a team of engineers. You will troubleshoot technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation, and when needed, coding/scripting. You will make our products easier to adopt and use by making improvements to the product, tools, processes and documentation. Our Technical Solutions team is driven by customer obsession: you will help drive the success of Google Cloud by understanding and advocating for our customers’ issues.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Own the customer’s problem through effective diagnosis, resolution, or implementation of new investigation tools to increase productivity for customer issues on Google Cloud Platform products.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Google's product technology and underlying architectures by troubleshooting, reproducing, determining the root cause for customer reported issues, and building tools for faster diagnosis, so we can identify and resolve future issues quickly.
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for internal stakeholders in engineering, sales, and customer organizations to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve Google Cloud.
- Work closely with multiple product and engineering teams to find ways to improve the product, and interact with our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams to drive high-quality production.
- Proactively understand customer issues and advocate for their needs with cross functional teams like Product Management or Software Engineering. At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.