With Altarum in Ann Arbor MI USMore jobs from Altarum
Posted on May 14, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
linux, sysadmin, project-management
Altarum, a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization serving government and private sector clients, is pleased to announce an opening for a DevOps engineer within the Center for Connected Health located in Ann Arbor, MI. The Center for Connected Health advances population health management and healthcare delivery through the development of novel applications and health information exchange and interoperability solutions.
As a DevOps engineer at Altarum, you will have the opportunity to make important software and web development contributions to multiple healthcare projects such as java based web applications for public health, clinical decision support tools, EHR integration, and mobile applications. You’ll report to a Center Director, and work in an Agile environment alongside a team of Software Developers, Business Analysts, and Public Health Analysts.
- Assist development projects with their IT infrastructure / computing needs.
- Serve as liaison between project development teams and Corporate IT.
- Ensure that automated security audits are conducted of the computing and application infrastructure supporting project development teams.
- Assist with patch and security updates to operating platforms used by the project development teams.
- Implement automated checks to identify project environments that may require patching.
- Work with Corporate IT to enable host/application monitoring and alerting as needed on a project by project basis.
- Work with Corporate IT to configure/manage storage resources required of the project computing environments.
- Assist the project development group with the identification of software/application stacks to be considered for new project initiatives.
- Configure standard project build templates for provisioning new computing resources or associated best of breed technology options.
- Estimate costs for projects moving to AWS and other cloud hosting environments
- Keep abreast of industry trends and new technology advances that may impact/influence existing and future projects.
- Facilitate the Development technology roadmaps, strategic direction for new and existing initiatives.
- Create / Manage “cookbook” of technologies in use by various projects and those “recipes” that are recommended/available for new initiatives.
- Present new technologies or capabilities to development teams and facilitate the exchange of technologies in use across project teams.
- Experience with installation, configuration, and patch/updates for multiple operating environments including Windows, Linux, and optionally Unix OS’s such as Solaris, IBM AIX.
- Experience with cybersecurity best practices in Window and Linux/Unix operating environments and maintaining currency with changes and innovations in the cybersecurity industry
- Experience with VirtualMachine (VM) and container technologies such as VMware ESXi, Linux KVM, OpenVZ, Docker, etc..
- Experience with Amazon cloud computing technologies and exposure to Microsoft Azure or other cloud environments.
- Experience with backup/recovery best practices, deduplication and backup to disk technologies such as Unitrends.
- Experience with migrations from local hosting to cloud computing environments.
- Experience with cloud computing capacity and cost planning.Experience with software configuration management
- Experience with web and application tier configuration and deployments (Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Wilfly etc.)
- Experience with database tier configuration, administration, and backup/recovery (PostgreSQL, SQLServer, MySQL/MariaDB, Oracle, DB2) and NoSQL/BigData environments (Hadoop/Mongo, etc.)