Mac IT Support Specialist
With Cypress HCM in San Diego CA USMore jobs from Cypress HCM
Posted on May 14, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Mobile Developer, System Administrator
windows, sysadmin, mobile
IT Support Specialist
The IT Support Specialist’s primarily responsibility is to provide technical and customer support to end users. Technicians will provide support though 3 different channels.
· In person via tech-lounge: The tech-lounge is a walk-up center where users can come in and get immediate help from a technician without the need of a pre-existing ticket.
Typically for 2 non-consecutive weeks out of the month, technicians will be scheduled for a morning or afternoon shift at the tech-lounge.
· Over the phone: Whenever a customer calls our IT Support Helpline, technicians dialed in to the queue will assist users with issues they may have. We strive for resolution on first contact, meaning we enable the technicians with all the tools necessary to resolve or address the majority of the issues the come through the phone.
Typically for 2 non-consecutive weeks, technicians are scheduled for a phone shift in the morning, mid-day, or afternoon.
Note: Technicians are NOT scheduled for a tech-lounge shift and a phone shift on the same week.
· Open Queue: We are an IT platform which means we use our own product. End users will submit request via the portal and when technicians are not working in the tech-lounge or on the phones they are working tickets in the open queue making sure users' needs get addressed properly in a time and professional manner.
In addition to these 3 primary responsibilities, technicians will also:
· Image, configure, and perform data transfers on Mac and Windows platforms
· Deploy and configure accounts, phones and desk set up for new hires
· Create, edit, and maintain articles in the IT knowledge database
· Participate in project work, providing updates regularly
Mac OSX | Windows | Office 365 (Exchange) | Microsoft Office Suite | MS Active Directory | Casper/JAMF | LANDesk | 2FA/MTA | RSA | VPN | CRM | SCCM | Asset Management | Hardware Documentation | Project Management | Hardware/Software | Procurement | IT Performance Metrics | Service Level Agreements | Meeting and Event Support
Video Conferencing: Cisco Telepresence | WebEx | LifeSize | Polycom
Mobile: MDM | iOS | Android | Windows Mobile
· 2+ years in a customer facing technical role, supporting end users in an enterprise environment
· Excellent written and oral communication
· Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures
· Experience supporting Mac OSX in an enterprise environment.
· Experience with a corporate IT ticket system
· Ability to sit, stand for extended periods of time; able to lift 50 lbs.
· May be required to travel
· Strong Mac OS X/macOS 10+ (Sierra/High Sierra) and moderate Windows 7/8/10 knowledge
· **This is a primarily a Mac OSX environment**
Experience working with a wide set of SaaS products such as: Box, DocuSign, Concur, Workday, Okta and others
Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
Experience with operating system imaging software
*Major plus for previously working with Service Now products
· A.S./A.A. in Information Technology, B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience