Manufacturing Systems Analyst
With Dover Precision Components in Houston TX USMore jobs from Dover Precision Components
Posted on May 13, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sql, sysadmin, clojure
The Manufacturing IT Systems Analyst role will support the strategy, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing and shop floor systems such as, but not limited to SCADA, MES, DNC, IIOT, and CAM. The position will be part of a global team tasked to roll out standards in shop floor systems in locations within the Dover Precision Components group. The position will be our IT representative providing hands-on support for all systems on the shop floor working directly with Engineering and Operations. The position will work to implement\upgrade these systems into new and current manufacturing equipment as well as work to integrate with other systems that support things like Digital Work Instructions.
- Must have experience with and understand standard business processes and manufacturing related systems functionality.
- Provide day to day support for manufacturing operations and shop floor activities.
- Responsible for gathering requirements and objectives of projects and ensuring communication of project goals and business direction to functional management.
- Support the design and development process for new and existing shop floor systems needed to support critical business strategies
- Work closely with internal resources from IT, engineering, and operations on designing, implementing, and maintaining effective system support for efficient and effective manufacturing execution.
- Ability to interact professionally and build positive business relationships with a diverse group of people and management levels
- Tests, documents, and conducts end user training regarding shop floor system enhancements to ensure the systems are being used properly and that they are meeting business needs
- Work to deliver assigned projects on time, within budget while meeting the strategic business and technical requirements
- Able to manage expectations and communication with business stakeholders
- Ensuring adherence to process standards and reviewing project deliverables
- Responsible for issue resolution or escalation in a timely manner
- Document and maintain processes
- Translating user and/or system requirements into functional technical specification.
- Assist with integrating manufacturing systems with other enterprise applications.
- Manage the implementation of digital system on the shop floor and all associated software packages consistent with the needs of a growing business.
- Document all changes according to proper SDLC standards.
- Provide end-user support on the digital shop floor systems and associated software packages
- Support the hardware systems being used by shop floor systems. This includes monitoring system health; maintain connected peripherals, application software patches, and maintaining overall system performance.
- Work with business teams to identify continuous improvement opportunities to the existing business practices, processes and tools.
- Train employees and assist or undertake the writing of instructional procedures, user guides and systems documentation as needed.
Education and Experience** :**
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or a related discipline.
- Experience with INFOR Syteline ERP (preferred) or other comparable ERP System.
- 15% - 25% travel required.
- 4+ years of working with manufacturing systems responsible for running and collecting information on the shop floor.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Strong ability to analyze software problems and development technical solutions.
- Experience in testing and debugging application systems.
- Experience in the Implementation of ERP systems, Business Intelligence, and Factory Floor systems.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Strong ability to manage multiple projects throughout the project life cycle.
- Strong experience in and orientation toward business analysis and structured system development methodologies.
- Experience working with manufacturing operation teams.
- VB Scripting and .Net4.0
- Working knowledge of SQL databases, Enterprise Manager, and SQL scripting.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Working Conditions** :**
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
*Note: This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by the Supervisor. All requirements are subject to change and updates.