Security Systems Engineer - Cloud Services
With SoftPro in Raleigh NC USMore jobs from SoftPro
Posted on May 14, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
security, sysadmin, cloud
SoftPro is the nation's leading provider of real estate closing and title insurance software. A division of Fidelity National Financial (NYSE: FNF), SoftPro’s technology solutions are used in thousands of law firms and title companies throughout the country and are an essential part of residential and commercial Real Estate transactions. SoftPro is located in North Raleigh and is a great alternative to driving in RTP traffic each day!
SoftPro has received national recognition for our excellent customer service and products and we were recently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Triangle Business Journal for the 7th year in a row!
What are we looking for?
SoftPro is seeking a well-rounded Security Systems Engineer to be a part of our Cloud Services Team in Raleigh, NC. We are looking for the right candidate to join the existing team in support of information security and infrastructure related to the organization’s technologies and (operating environments, architecture, hosting) and solutions (Hosted SoftPro Select, SoftPro 360 and other versions) provided for customers. The environment consists of a Microsoft .NET platform and a cloud based, multi-tenant, B2B integration platform. This is where SoftPro allows customers to order products and services directly from their desktops.
What will I do as a Security Systems Engineer?
You will be part of a small team providing support of solutions using the latest technologies and strategies to secure and protect the corporate, hosting and cloud environments utilizing software, hardware and policy and procedures encouraging your input and creativity. This is a position which will require planned on call after-hours support so as not to impact customers’ normal operations.
Additionally, you will:
- Provide outstanding security direction & systems support for applications through your technical & personal skills;
- Participate in the development & architecture of monitoring for operational systems to include Performance, Application & Health for hosted and non-hosted environments including configuring dashboards and views into the current operational state;
- Aid in the support, evolution & direction for virtualization & hosting relative to SoftPro products and services;
- Demonstrate your technical knowledge through providing operational support in a software development company focused on Microsoft technologies;
- Plan to grow technology in support of future organizational direction;
- Assist, when necessary, to triage production issues and environments;
- Develop capacity planning metrics and reporting;
- Define, implement and assess system reporting and monitoring needs;
- Assist colleagues and Corporate Enterprise Security teams on the development & architecture of enterprise security as well as individual and customer security as it relates to operational systems for environments including research & development, test, QA and hosted & non-hosted production environments;
- Assist with planning a disaster recovery strategy and executing business continuity exercises;
- Collaborate with Enterprise Security teams in the support of systems related to prevention & protection, detection, and recovery & remediation;
- Assist with security triage;
- Assist with the improvement of organizational security while monitoring and reporting via metrics;
- Assist with enforcing compliance with Information Security policies, standards, and baselines;
What do I need to be successful as a Security Systems Engineer?
- The equivalent of 4+ years’ experience in a security-related role in addition to 4+ years of experience in a systems or network engineering role.
- Experience in the design, building, implementation & management of protection for desktops, servers, network, endpoints, including monitoring & alerting;
- Experience in Design & implementation of data, system and organizational security architecture as well as supporting policies, procedures, and prevention;
- Experience in Configuration, management & troubleshooting of security devices (including firewalls, network devices, intrusion detection, content filtering/blocking, log management, etc.);
- Experience designing & implementing software-defined networks;
- Microsoft Azure cloud knowledge and experience including analysis, design, and deployment of security controls such as Network Security Groups and Web Access Firewalls;
- Experience in conducting penetration tests and vulnerability assessments as well as responding to security audits;
- Experience in management of data protection, leak prevention, and data breach;
- Experience in threat monitoring, alerting, identification and protection;
- Experience supporting 24x7 systems & production operations;
- Experience and/or support knowledge of security related to LAN/WAN devices & network technologies;
- Experience in providing security for data at rest, in transit and in disposal;
- Understand how to identify, support and balance the organizational security needs related to prevention/protection, detection, and recovery/remediation;
- Strong customer service skills and able to work in a team environment;
- Must exhibit a high-level of logical & analytical skills as well as attention to detail;
rting and maintaining Cisco IOS Switch, Router, and Firewalls Cisco
Certified Network Professional (CCNP); Certi
fied Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP);
Experience with capacity planning and defining alerting based on thresholds and KPI
Policy, procedure, audits, and recognition of policies, compliance, and certifications as well as the linkage between them;
Audits or standards and the ability to recognize the need for:
- SSAE 16, SOC I SOC II primarily for compliance;
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act Data Protection Act of 1999 (GLBA) related to financial services companies;
- PII (Personally Identifiable Information) and safeguards;
- PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard);
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP);
Bachelor’s Degree. Comparable IT industry experience will be considered in lieu of a degree and certifications.
Join us and live our Core Values
Deliver AMAZING Customer Service, Be an AWESOME Teammate, Adopt a Sense of Urgency, Innovate to be Efficient, Produce Quality Work, Take Initiative, Go the Extra Mile