Storage Systems Engineer - Energy
With Panasas in Houston TX USMore jobs from Panasas
Posted on May 14, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
c++, c, linux
The Panasas Systems Engineering Team is the critical link between Panasas Sales, our customers, and our Service and Product Development Teams. Primary responsibilities include technical leadership, storage solution consulting and subject matter expertise on Panasas storage products, distributed storage architecture, file systems, and competitive storage offerings high performance storage market. Consulting activities include customer storage design, verification and implementation, as well as technical account management in both pre- and post-sales scenarios. Additionally, Systems Engineering operates as a second-tier support infrastructure and extension of Panasas hardware and software engineering within the field. This ensures highly technical, rapid response and escalation when resolving complex storage or customer infrastructure problems.
Systems Engineering works collaboratively with the Panasas product design, Manufacturing and Operations, Sales, Service, and Product Marketing teams, to ensure end-to-end technical product excellence, and ongoing proactive communications with Panasas customers.
- On-site Specialized Consulting in Capacity Planning and Storage System Implementation.
- Support development of account strategy using customer's growth plan, timelines, and budget.
- Maintain high level of knowledge on Panasas products, roadmaps, competition and pricing.
- Leverage relationships with Panasas channel partners to provide complete solutions to customer problems.
- Joint Escalation Support and Technical Problem Management with Panasas Customer Service.
- Technical Content Review for Systems Engineering Notes and Customer Knowledge Base Content.
- Prepare and present demonstrations at trade shows, take follow-up action and activities, coordinate with appropriate corporate resources.
- Ability to remain flexible and effective under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, mastery in English.
- Ability to deliver effective customer technical briefings.
- Assess competitive products and strategies.
- Ability and flexibility to freely travel within the geographic continent or region is required.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with customers and partners to understand their business needs and priorities and map to Panasas products.
- Strong project management and execution skills.
- A fast problem solver, highly motivated and results-driven, with excellent time management and team working skills.
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures.
- Networking and network switch architecture experience is highly desired.
- Experience with shell scripting is required.
- Functional understanding of Perl, Python, or C/C++ is desirable.
- Experience deploying and managing HPC projects as a solution architecture, technical lead, or developer is desired.
- Practical understanding of HPC computer architectures, storage systems, memory systems, or high-speed interconnects / fabrics is required.
- System-administration level experience with Linux HPC/Cluster environments is required.
- Practical understanding in the application of parallel programming paradigms such as MPI to scientific computing problems is desirable.
- 7+ years of experience in Technical Oil & Gas software development, sales support, or administration in Oil and Gas segment required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering, geophysics or related field of study. Advanced degree in computer science or engineering preferred.
- Familiarity with Oil & Gas applications and their workflow utilizing HPC systems.
- Technical understanding and knowledge of the Oil & Gas industry and ability to provide product specific technical training to the sales team.
- Located in Houston, Texas is highly desired.