System Admin Engineer 3
With Comcast in Philadelphia PA USMore jobs from Comcast
Posted on May 14, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
amazon-web-services, cloud, unix
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Comcast Reliability Engineering is looking for a Systems Engineer responsible for development, testing, monitoring, and support of an API services platform (IPaaS) to integrate with ServiceNow and a variety of other operational applications and platforms. Will be heavily involved with automating development, testing, and deployment processes. Familiarity with Network Principles (Devices, Topology, Transport, etc.) and related ITIL Foundations (Incident, Problem, Change, Asset, etc.) concepts are desired.
This Systems Engineer will build and support a variety of Cloud and on-premise systems including AWS, MuleSoft API services, messaging services, database services, and other core utilities. Systems must be optimized to meet the operational performance requirements for the ServiceNow platform as well as multiple other operational tools. System availability, resiliency, performance, and scalability are critical KPI measurements for this role. This will include the implementation of sound architecture, design, and development standards. He/she must have the experience to design the optimal performance strategy, and manage the technical delivery across multiple platforms.
- Technical, hands-on candidate whose primary responsibility will be designing, developing and testing solutions to integrate with disparate business services
- Enforce sound architecture principles, technical governance, and related documentation
- Become familiar with internal business service standards to promote reuse across the organization
- Building out automation systems for testing and development work flow
- Manage backend services (monitoring, message bus, security, revision control, automation, specifications, service level agreements, etc.) and drives end-to-end service integration.
- Responsible for supporting the various cloud and on-premise platforms required for transformation between API Gateway and backend services
- Re-architecting old services to message driven, Mulesoft platform
- Works closely with business partners, architect and technical groups to review, design, and implement requirements and strategy.
- Communicate operational level agreements (OLA) & service level agreements (SLA) to Reliability Engineering Operations teams
- Has the "Big Picture" mindset.
- Strong communication skills and ability to partner across organizations
- Experience with testing or configuring automated test systems
- Track record of managing multiple priorities and competing demands
- System Administrator with development/design experience
- OR a developer with strong system administration experience.
- Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Azure, OpenStack or other cloud platforms.
- Amazon web services management (via tools like terraform) experience strongly desired.
- Minimum of 5+ years professional experience in Linux/Unix administration and/or DevOps
- 5+ years of systems admin experience with Linux, Unix and open source platforms and/or Cloud system admin supporting business or domain applications.
- 2+ years of experience with high volume API platforms or critical production service environment
- HTTP REST concepts, JSON schema, JSON REST specification, RAML
- Experience with scripting and/or development as it relates to automation
- Ability to review and trouble shoot coding issues with the development team is key
- Messaging driven middleware and SOA systems experience; Mulesoft is a plus
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with Governance best practices and ITIL methodologies
- Working knowledge of network principles is desired
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer