UI Developer (Design Systems Engineer) FTC 9-12 months
With Travelport Digital in Dublin - IEMore jobs from Travelport Digital
Posted on May 13, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: Frontend Developer
Industry: Digital solutions, Mobile, Online Travel
Company size: 51-200 people
Company type: Private
user-interface, html5, css3, angularjs, reactjs
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport..
As the Design System Engineer you will work closely with the designers and researchers on our dedicated Design System Team, creating attractive, functional interfaces that work across multiple platforms. If this sounds like you, then we could be the place for you.
As a Design System Engineer at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Design System Team, you will play a pivotal and crucial part creating beautifully crafted, re-usable components that form the building blocks of all Travelport products, bridging the gap between Design and Development.
This position will involve:
- Leading the technical implementation of our design system & mentoring frontend developers on the best practices of good UI design
- Working closely with design to render UI components as specified
- Help define the design to development workflow & Demo work, communicating with the team prior to release.
- Protoyping for usability testing and assisting engineers in testing automation & Lead on story refinement, ensuring UI specification acceptance criteria are met
- Ensure components meet accessibility, internationalization, and localization requirements
- Support the collection of usage statistics, UI error logging &
- Developing reusable code and libraries, and maintenance of our design systems/code repository
- Support iterative UX improvements based on feedback
Come and join us...
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
- You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organisation.
- 5+ years of experience in UI development & experience working with design systems
- Excellent understanding of interface design as it relates to web including knowledge and experience of optimization page rendering performance
- Knowledge of standard methodologies in interaction design, accessibility and UI performance
- Solid understanding of HTML5, CSS3, including ability to learn and feel comfortable with any preprocessors or templating engines
- Experience with SVG, CSS transitions and animations
- Expert-level knowledge of ES6 and experience in building web UI using modern frameworks such as Angular and React
- Experience managing and optimizing the UI state, and communication between components, using libraries such as Redux and Flux
- Experience working in modern front-end environments based on NodeJS, VCSs, especially Git
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Experience working in agile teams and delivery based on agile iterations
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.