Big Data Software Engineers (Senior/Lead or Principal)
With Salesforce in Bellevue WA USMore jobs from Salesforce
Posted on May 15, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead, Manager
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Services, Information Technology
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
hadoop, java, linux, kubernetes, docker, sysadmin
Software Engineers(Senior/Lead or Principal) Big Data Services
Note: By applying to the Software Engineering Big Data, posting recruiters and hiring managers across the organization hiring Software Engineer will review your resume. Our goal is for you to apply once and have your resume reviewed by multiple hiring teams.
Locations - San Francisco, CA; Bellevue, WA
About Salesforce Technology, Marketing & Product Engineering
Our Technology, Marketing & Products Engineering team is responsible for innovating and maintaining a massive distributed systems engineering platform that ships hundreds of features to production for tens of millions of users across all industries every day. Our users count on our platform to be highly reliable, lightning fast, supremely secure, and to preserve all of their customizations and integrations every time we ship. Our platform is deeply customizable to meet the differing demands of our vast user base, creating an exciting environment filled with complex challenges for our hundreds of agile engineering teams every day. ?
(Check out our "We are Salesforce Engineering" video -
We are Salesforce Engineering
Big Data Services Software Engineer Description:
Salesforce is building out our Big Data Services team to reinvigorate the way we architect, deliver, and operate the platforms and services that run in our own data centers and also in public clouds - at consumer web scale. We are looking to add engineers, with experience building and owning distributed services, who can step up and own big chunks of this vision.
- Working with Kubernetes, HDFS, Yarn, Kafka, Spark, HBase, Phoenix, Hive, Presto or equivalent large-scale distributed systems technologies
- Eat, sleep, and breathe services. You have experience balancing live-site management, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt
- Knowledge of CAP theorem. Consistency models and how they apply to their services.
- Familiarity with crash-only and recovery-oriented software design
- Excited by building reliable, self-healing services on unreliable hardware
- Experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems that run across thousands of compute nodes in multiple datacenters
- You haven’t just used, but have built and operated the distributed platforms that define cloud-scale infrastructure
- 5-10 years of development experience
- Experience with Java and/or C++ in a Linux/UNIX data center environment
- Experience with one or more of: Spark, Kubernetes, Docker, Hadoop, Spinnaker, Terraform
- Experience with Hadoop or/and HBase or Phoenix
- Experience owning and operating multiple instances of a mission-critical service
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development
- Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence
- MS in Computer Engineer/Science or related field, or
- BS in Computer Engineer/Science plus relevant job-related experience
Are you an upcoming or recent graduate (within the past 2.5 years)? Please check out our FutureForce program at www.salesforce.com/futureforce. We appreciate your interest but we are seeking industry experienced engineers.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce Engineering behind the cloud
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.