Hosting Engineer at MediaMonks - World-class production company
With MediaMonks in Hilversum - NLMore jobs from MediaMonks
Posted on May 15, 2019
About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
linux, ansible, amazon, google-cloud-platform, sysadmin
MediaMonks is seeking a cool-headed hosting engineer to help handle the server-side of things for high-profile & high-traffic projects. Are your engineering skills as cool as the servers you set up? Sounds like a hot match.
Role and responsibilities:
- Led by our Head of Hosting and supported by other Hosting Monks, you’ll join our small in-house Hosting Team that is responsible for keeping our servers happy and online 24/7.
- You’ll work as part of our Hilversum Development Department which comprises 150 of the best(-looking) front- and backend specialists in the world covering all languages and stacks.
- Alongside hundreds of incredible Monks from other disciplines, you’re part of an award-winning company producing everything you could possibly throw at a digital project or campaign.
- While this position is based in the Netherlands, the servers your projects run on will be located all over the world.
- As our in-house Hosting Engineer, you safeguard the server-success for the websites and interactive experiences MediaMonks produces for A-list brands such as Red Bull, Nike, Cartoon Network, Calvin Klein, Samsung and Lufthansa.
- You’ll be setting up hosting environments for a host of different projects and purposes.
- We rely on you to deliver speedy, stable and secure server setups, but also to monitor and support them.
- This position requires proficient knowledge of cloud-based hosting environments such as Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud.
- You can work with Linux and Ansible.
- You are familiar with the management of SSL certificates, and know how DNS and CDNs work.
- Ideally, you also have (some) functional knowledge of PHP, Python or other back-end languages, which would help winning our hearts, minds and hardware.
- Next to technically proficient, we expect our hosting monks to be driven, dedicated, and flexible.
- Dedicated to both your clients and coworkers, you’re flexible with working schedules (don’t worry: we’re flexible too).