Infrastructure Systems Engineer- All Levels - (Senior/Lead/Principal)
With Salesforce in Indianapolis IN USMore jobs from Salesforce
Posted on May 14, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Services, Information Technology
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
linux, amazon-web-services, hadoop, chef, sysadmin
Note: By applying to the Infrastructure Systems Engineer, posting recruiters and hiring managers across the organization hiring Infrastructure Systems Engineers will review your resume. Our goal is for you to apply once and have your resume reviewed by multiple hiring teams.
Locations - Burlington, MA; Indianapolis, IN; San Francisco, CA; Bellevue, WA; Herndon, VA; Vancouver, BC, Canada,
About Salesforce Tech and Product Engineering
Our Tech and Product team is responsible for innovating and maintaining a massive distributed systems engineering platform that ships hundreds of features to production for tens of millions of users across all industries every day. Our users count on our platform to be highly reliable, lightning fast, supremely secure, and to preserve all of their customizations and integrations every time we ship. Our platform is deeply customizable to meet the differing demands of our vast user base, creating an exciting environment filled with complex challenges for our hundreds of agile engineering teams every day.
Check out our "We are Salesforce Engineering" video
We are Salesforce Engineering
The Systems Engineering team is a dynamic, global team delivering and supporting technology infrastructure to meet the substantial growth needs of the business. Our Engineering team is critical to the deployment of a consistent and stable infrastructure that both meets design standards and product goals. In this role, you will be an essential part of owning, automating & delivering network capacity to the organization. You should have experience in large-scale data center builds with a high motivation for automation.
Learn more about Salesforce by clicking the link!
You will be a member of a team focusing on building and maintaining an enterprise level, cloud computing infrastructure. You will understand and apply a wide variety of concepts, practices, and procedures of service delivery engineering, and will need to resolve a broad range of issues in creative ways. As a self-starter, you will be expected to make quick, effective decisions and think outside the box. You will take management requirements and be responsible for designing solutions and implementing services that focus on HA/RAS, automation, capacity, monitoring, and security. You work on multiple projects of moderate complexity. You will need to exercise your judgment and use your expertise in selecting methods and techniques for developing solutions. You will be asked to do more with less.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of Salesforce's client-facing applications, servers, and network 24x7
- A key member of the team dedicated to solving difficult challenges and providing high-level support at Salesforce
- Recommend and implement changes to the production environment that improve the stability and performance and security of a large scale Linux/Windows computing platform
- Excellent technical and people skills are an absolute necessity
- Participate in Project Planning, Design, and Delivery process
- Proactively maintain system availability, reliability, and performance
- Drive efficiency through standardization, automation, documentation, and cross-training
- Provide technical leadership and decision making
- Possess strong communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Extensive experience planning, designing, and implementing in Linux or Windows distributed systems (Red Hat, CentOS, and Ubuntu preferred)
- Experience architecting, designing, and implementing SaaS solutions
- Experience working with all aspects of Amazon Web Services (AWS), including, but not limited to RDS, OpsWorks, Elastic Load Balancers, Identity & Access Management, ElasticCache, and ElasticSearch
- Proficiency in scripting with languages such as Bash, Perl, Python, and PowerShell
- Experience designing, implementing and documenting production infrastructure
- Experience with basic networking, including firewalls and IPSec VPN Tunnels
- Experience implementing and administering Microsoft IIS
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Experience with Hadoop (HBase)
- MS in Computer Science or related field, or
- BS in Computer Science plus relevant job-related experience
Are you an upcoming or recent graduate (within the past 2.5 years)? Please check out our FutureForce program at www.salesforce.com/futureforce. We appreciate your interest but we are seeking industry experienced engineers.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce Engineering behind the cloud
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.